Ads not shown when logged in
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: PuG Crawl Harrogate 7th July 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    I support rights to strike and went to K+ last night to get some travel info, but Trainline said I could get the next LNER train which was cancelled with about 100 minutes' notice, then was generously offered another one departing at 1.40, always assuming that too wasn't cancelled and arrived at around 4.40; I wouldn't mind so much if hope weren't repeatedly dangled then withdrawn and unlike others, my trip wasn't vital.
    Fella.

Have you been on the funny fags ?
    Screenshot_20230708_094025_Chrome.jpg

The only cancellation all morning between Kings Cross and Leeds was the 0803. Yes, there was no driver. But no business should run by relying on people coming into work on their day off. Heed Mr RPADAM about the right target episode 1.

Then as far as this TRAINLINE app that you are enslaved to is concerned- well delete it might be the best advice and you could have had a jolly day in the field yesterday. Heed Mr RPADAM about the right target part 2.

MOBYDUCK it's not a pile of poo, it's a steaming pile of poo. But if everyone was to claim they'd realise and start to get it right yes.

On to the pubs- Daleside must be doing good prices because it was everywhere. The Python Porter in the McSpoons was very good when we eventually got served. That Major Tom's Social up the stairs was pub of the day although the handpump beer wasn't really up to scratch. The Birmingham North brewery beer in their very hot taproom was good as well albeit in dirty glasses (comment to serving wench about the matter was dismissed with a tut, tut tut). The dubious pub Trotters had brilliant Guinness. The last pub HUSK though had the worst beer and negative comment was again rejected by the child behind the wickets tut tut again.

I'll be back but in autumn maybe.

It was good seeing everyone and I hope I wasn't too noisy.

Hope the little wan and R-A-R got their free Premier Inn scran !!!
    Last edited by an_ecumenical_matter; 08-07-2023 at 22:05.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Good to see everybody yesterday for a very enjoyable crawl without having to do too much walking on a warm day.I managed 14 new ticks and am hard pressed to remember a poor beer.Hopefully Strongers can post a group photo.

I hope everyones journey home was uneventful,LNER and Nothern Rail worked for me.

My pub of the crawl goes to the Harrogate Tap,great ale selection and easy to remember as it was the first

Beer of the crawl goes to Harrogate Beeching Axe IPA in the Disappearing Chin,shortly before I disappeared.

Looking forward to the next one somewhere in the South later in the year.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by an_ecumenical_matter View Post
    Fella.

The only cancellation all morning between Kings Cross and Leeds was the 0803. Yes, there was no driver. But no business should run by relying on people coming into work on their day off. Heed Mr RPADAM about the right target episode 1.

Then as far as this TRAINLINE app that you are enslaved to is concerned- well delete it might be the best advice and you could have had a jolly day in the field yesterday. Heed Mr RPADAM about the right target part 2.

MOBYDUCK it's not a pile of poo, it's a steaming pile of poo. But if everyone was to claim they'd realise and start to get it right yes.

On to the pubs- Daleside must be doing good prices because it was everywhere. The Python Porter in the McSpoons was very good when we eventually got served. I still have R-A-R's ketchup in my bag. That Major Tom's Social up the stairs was pub of the day although the handpump beer wasn't really up to scratch. The Birmingham North brewery beer in their very hot taproom was good as well albeit in dirty glasses (comment to serving wench about the matter was dismissed with a tut, tut tut). The dubious pub Trotters had brilliant Guinness. The last pub HUSK though had the worst beer and negative comment was again rejected by the child behind the wickets tut tut again.

It's very good that that deckchair wasn't used nor observed!

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    It's very good that that deckchair wasn't used nor observed!
    The humour the "glamour" of the day was in it would more than likely have been worn rather than sat on....

Quote Originally Posted by Real Ale Ray View Post
    In Shalimar with Clive, thanks to Ian for the recommendation..
    Anybody have the Nihari?
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by an_ecumenical_matter View Post
    Fella.

On to the pubs- Daleside must be doing good prices because it was everywhere. The Python Porter in the McSpoons was very good when we eventually got served. I still have R-A-R's ketchup in my bag. That Major Tom's Social up the stairs was pub of the day although the handpump beer wasn't really up to scratch. The Birmingham North brewery beer in their very hot taproom was good as well albeit in dirty glasses (comment to serving wench about the matter was dismissed with a tut, tut tut). The dubious pub Trotters had brilliant Guinness. The last pub HUSK though had the worst beer and negative comment was again rejected by the child behind the wickets tut tut again.

Further to the post above can I please be allowed to assure everyone with 100% honest conviction that if my post implied that Ray "R-A-R" as I described him, took him anything from Wetherspoons yesterday it was only in jest and it was me being not very funny. I mean that sincerely and apologise if it portrayed Ray in any kind of negative way.
    Last edited by an_ecumenical_matter; 14-07-2023 at 21:26.

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Anybody have the Nihari?
    No. But all the food we had was excellent. The owner is a bit of a character too!
    'I only drink on two occasions, when I'm thirsty and when I'm not'
    Brendan Behan

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar
    'I only drink on two occasions, when I'm thirsty and when I'm not'
    Brendan Behan

It was a very enjoyable crawl, thanks everyone.

Beer of the day was probably North Brewing's Vanishing Point and pub/bar of the day was Trotters.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

This Space For Hire

A very nice day and good to see everyone. I may have only achieved two new pubs but I managed a different beer in al of them and didn't have a bad one, so definitely a good session.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement