Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I had an idea…

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Familiar face in the photo !
    Yes. That bear gets into all the photos!

This Space For Hire

I did the annual Shepherd Neame 'Passport' for many years - traditionally finished off with a pre-Xmas bash round Faversham. Other assorted brewery trails I have done over the years include Brakspears, Charrington, Friary Meux, Fullers and Gales, plus sundry others that I have long since forgotten about. I still have various ties, T-shirts, tankards and other junk. Always in favour of getting a reward for something I would have been doing anyway.

The worst one was the Charrington IPA trail, where the top prize was 50 free pints - the last thing you wanted having done 200 (I think) of their pubs!!
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    On the go now. Reading Ale Trail.
    Just the Nag's Head.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Just the Nag's Head.
    If we're doing the list thing then 17 of those, just missing a few outliers, I confidantly predict Quinnos done the lot.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Black Country Ales do an Ale Trail every year. https://www.blackcountryales.co.uk/

This one has just started , runs for 3 months - get a stamp at any 25 of the 47 pubs for a Polo shirt and a case of beer.

Ashamed to say I've never attempted it!

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    If we're doing the list thing then 17 of those, just missing a few outliers, I confidantly predict Quinnos done the lot.
    Have checked my notes and I've done all bar the George & Dragon in Swallowfield, which, considering who now runs it, sounds like it'd be a good one to do, albeit reading your review, it sounds like your visit seemed a cross between calamitous and disappointing.
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino View Post
    Have checked my notes and I've done all bar the George & Dragon in Swallowfield, which, considering who now runs it, sounds like it'd be a good one to do, albeit reading your review, it sounds like your visit seemed a cross between calamitous and disappointing.
    Disappointing certainly, hopefully a one off
    and is now sorted, will probably have another look at some point this year.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

We did Black Country Ales trail for the first time last year visiting 25 of their 44 pubs and we each got a polo shirt and a case of 12 bottles of their beer.

Currently part way through this years trail which is 25 of their 47 pubs. Runs from 1st March to 31st May 23 and we have been trying to get to their pubs outside of our area. Shrewsbury, Newport, Burton, Leicester, Rugby. Worcester, Hereford and Tenbury Wells.

Fun thing to do.

Gill
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    We did Black Country Ales trail for the first time last year visiting 25 of their 44 pubs and we each got a polo shirt and a case of 12 bottles of their beer.

Currently part way through this years trail which is 25 of their 47 pubs. Runs from 1st March to 31st May 23 and we have been trying to get to their pubs outside of our area. Shrewsbury, Newport, Burton, Leicester, Rugby. Worcester, Hereford and Tenbury Wells.

Fun thing to do.

Gill
    Got my second stamp today in the Real Ale Tavern Bewdley! Doubt I'll get anywhere near the 25 with a month already gone but I will be in Worcester on Friday so I'll get the Imperial Tavern done.

I am a salmon !!