Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: What do you mean I haven't reviewed it???

This Space For Hire

Default What do you mean I haven't reviewed it???

I have recently come across several pubs, quite familiar to me, then having gone to see what I have said about it discover that I haven't actually posted a review at all! Is it just the presumption that I must have done it, do I have an illegible set of notes somewhere that never got written up, or was I just too drunk to remember? I then usually have to go back again to do a proper review.

Have others run into this?
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    I have recently come across several pubs, quite familiar to me, then having gone to see what I have said about it discover that I haven't actually posted a review at all! Is it just the presumption that I must have done it, do I have an illegible set of notes somewhere that never got written up, or was I just too drunk to remember? I then usually have to go back again to do a proper review.

Have others run into this?
    I'm fairly certain I've seen a small number of reviews go missing (including mine), so perhaps you are a victim? Or as you said, '...just too drunk to remember'.

It happens to me a lot! I never used to do many reviews at all, now I wish I had!
    Take Birmingham for instance - there aren't many Brum boozers I haven't visited but I've only reviewed a fraction. I don't think I have the time or the energy to get round them all again.

I am a salmon !!

I've noticed a few lately that I was sure I'd reviewed but upon looking no sign of one, then again I have been known to have been drunk on the odd occassion.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I've just experienced the opposite - a London pub I visited last week for the first time, wrote a review, went to post it and found a review from me dated 3 years ago. Maybe it's Oldtimer's Disease.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

I started reviewing on BITE in early 2009 but quickly moved over to PuG in 2010.However I didn't fully use the review migration tool and so sometimes I am convinced I have left a PuG review when in fact that review only exists in BITE.

It's all such a long time ago those BITE reviews would be little use now ,but it does cause old boy confusion when I convince myself that I have reviewed said pub on PuG when I haven't.
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 07-04-2023 at 12:01.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    I've just experienced the opposite - a London pub I visited last week for the first time, wrote a review, went to post it and found a review from me dated 3 years ago. Maybe it's Oldtimer's Disease.
    Yup. I've experienced this too.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Back in the day, before I became too lazy to make notes and add reviews (I know, I must get back in the swing!), there were two destinations where I had taken copious notes but on one occasion I managed to leave or lose them in pub 9 of 10 and on another we were at the end of the crawl when RJ managed to spill most of a pint on my notes rendering them illegible (stupidly written in soft tip pen or somesuch), I was so annoyed, twice..!!