Ads not shown when logged in
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Retro Drinks

How about Toby Bitter? I thought this little keg charmer had disappeared into the drip tray of history some decades ago, but I came across it in a backstreet boozer near Canning Town on Friday (the sort of place where John Smiths Smooth would be considered as something that posh people drink).

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    How about Toby Bitter? I thought this little keg charmer had disappeared into the drip tray of history some decades ago, but I came across it in a backstreet boozer near Canning Town on Friday (the sort of place where John Smiths Smooth would be considered as something that posh people drink).
    According to Rate Beer brewed by Wells and Youngs (who should be ashamed of themselves) for Coors. No sign of it on either company's website.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

I had a few pints of Double Diamond from the hotel bar during my recent long weekend in Torquay, once I sort the pics out I will post the bar clip one

No idea who brews it now but it was for sale & I had it, and TBH it was not a bad keg pint

PS, the photo was rubbish, the flash has flared all detail out, so I will not be posting it after all
    Last edited by Farway; 11-05-2011 at 15:36. Reason: PS

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    I had a few pints of Double Diamond from the hotel bar during my recent long weekend in Torquay, once I sort the pics out I will post the bar clip one

No idea who brews it now but it was for sale & I had it, and TBH it was not a bad keg pint
    Now then, I was in the Edgar Wallace in London yesterday which was decked out with DD paraphernalia including a lit keg font at the bar. I was going to try some but was summoned away by a phone call and didn't get the chance....