Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions from anyone with imagination

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Default Suggestions from anyone with imagination

I am interested in trying to make these forums a little more personal. We are using vBulletin and it seems replete with options. So if anyone wants to know how to do anything or make suggestions on what they would like to see let me know.

Anyway currently under a users name on a post there is a title displayed, in my case Administrator (I'm special). For everyone else (including Dave bizarrely) they have titles based on their post count which rather boringly goes:

0-29 Junior member
    30-99 Member
    100+ Senior member (well done Historian)

These seems rather dull so we need some cool ideas, so to kick it off:
    0-1 Cider Drinker
    2-57 Real Ale drinker
    58 Whitby obsessed web site builder
    59-99 lightweight site admins
    100 Mild drinker
    101+ Should be at the pub

I realise this is a rather short sighted scale, but it should kick off some ideas.

Smile 58 Whitby Obsessed Web Builder

Hi Conrad,

I think "Whitby Obsessed web builder" might just refer to me. I would prefer something like "Steam Engines, Beer and Women" which is the name of my new book which, incidentally, is unlikely to be serialised in any of the national newspapers, or in fact ever be published.

Filo
    Visit my Website www.whitby.manymore.net or listen to Whitby Radio www.whitby.manymoreradio.com/

Quote Originally Posted by filo View Post
    I think "Whitby Obsessed web builder" might just refer to me. I would prefer something like "Steam Engines, Beer and Women" which is the name of my new book which, incidentally, is unlikely to be serialised in any of the national newspapers, or in fact ever be published.
    I'm sure any references were purely coincidental. Or maybe not!

Steam Engines, Beer and Women sounds like a promising name for a book, should appeal to most of the 100,000 CAMRA members straight off I'd have thought. It is amazing when I see just how many of the beer festivals I add to the site have a train connection.

On the original point, I'll try to think up some categories during the day.

0 posts has to be Teetotaler though I think
    1-9 posts - Gas head, after all no-one wants a gassy head on their beer do they? (That is my reason and I'm sticking to it)
    10-19 - Cider Drinker which is obviously greater than a Gas Head.

Ok, I'd better stop there and give it more thought.

I live in North Herefordshire and at the moment we are up to our necks in cider apples, anyone would think they grow on trees. Although I have been in the county for over forty years I have never liked the stuff. I appreciate the skill and craft in cider making is just as great as that in brewing beer. Its just a matter that my taste buds dislike any cider I have tasted over the years.
    Terms such as "WKD drinker", "Red Bull Consumer" and " Spritzer Swallower" may encourage members to up their number of posts in a rush to loose such rating levels.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    I live in North Herefordshire and at the moment we are up to our necks in cider apples, anyone would think they grow on trees. Although I have been in the county for over forty years I have never liked the stuff. I appreciate the skill and craft in cider making is just as great as that in brewing beer. Its just a matter that my taste buds dislike any cider I have tasted over the years.
    Terms such as "WKD drinker", "Red Bull Consumer" and " Spritzer Swallower" may encourage members to up their number of posts in a rush to loose such rating levels.
    Yes, i agree with Mr A in that its always nice to try and achieve the next level of postings - the highest achievement of course being Holden's MILD drinker - but a man has to go through many steps to achieve this.

You could start with Teetotal - I was teetotal for 5 years, but on my 6th birthday, my mom found me behind the sofa (you know, those things you see in every pub now) with a bottle of Manns Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    my mom found me behind the sofa (you know, those things you see in every pub now)
    Unfortunately you can't risk going behind those sofas for fear of having an eye out on some damn twigs.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Ok,

New user titles have been instated, we have stolen a few of the ideas from this thread and added some of our own.

For the moment we have set it so that when you get over 250 posts you can set your own title, we are anticipating this will all be a bit of a moving goalpost though as we don't wan't everyone enjoying that privilege.

If you disagree with any of the titles, or more to the point have some better suggestions (I am sure there are many), then let us know and we may well update this again.

Conrad

Smile Personalized Title

Hi Conrad,

So am I right in thinking that I can change my status from "Member" to something of my choice when I get to 250 posts? I'd better start posting faster and think of a good title. Although "Steam Engines, Beer and Women" does have a nice ring to it. Oh... and please dont move the goalposts until I get past 250.

Regards,

Filo
    Visit my Website www.whitby.manymore.net or listen to Whitby Radio www.whitby.manymoreradio.com/

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Yep, although hopefully you should now be showing 'Glass Half Full'. I think for the forum personalities who are regularly contributing it will be fun to let them create their own titles.