Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Losing interest in pub crawls

Default Losing interest in pub crawls

I am struggling to get motivated to start pub crawl again after long away from pub circuit.

How can I get motivated again? I fancy Nottingham pub crawl but I just cannot get motivated at the moment
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Try doing a bit of research and planing on the internet first. I think your wish to travel and get sozzled will once again return. I hope so for who else will champion Tim Martins empire ?

Come on Hoppy , snap out of it.....

How about considering a weekend away with the good lady wife (if there is one), and combining a crawl of Tim's palaces with another event.

Centre of Bristol for example , where there are 8 spoons within the City area,
    Or come down to the smoke to take in a show and do all the JDW's in town.

And i'm sure local PuG contributors would make an effort to come out and provide some therapy.....
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    And i'm sure local PuG contributors would make an effort to come out and provide some therapy.....
    With Mrs B constantly working away from home these days and me having lots of annual leave to waste before mid December, I will be looking for a few beer days out somewhere so if anyone is in a similar situation and the costs/travelling are acceptable then I'm available for hire! Otherwise I will be putting up shelves on my days off.

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    I am struggling to get motivated to start pub crawl again after long away from pub circuit.

How can I get motivated again? I fancy Nottingham pub crawl but I just cannot get motivated at the moment
    C'mon Hoppy, Nottingham. 3 Spoons, VAT & Fiddle, Olde Trip, The Bell, Canalhouse, Newshouse, Salutation, Keans Head, Lincolnshire Poacher......et al.

What more encouragement do you need?
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    With Mrs B constantly working away from home these days and me having lots of annual leave to waste before mid December, I will be looking for a few beer days out somewhere so if anyone is in a similar situation and the costs/travelling are acceptable then I'm available for hire! Otherwise I will be putting up shelves on my days off.
    now then...I can'y really get away from work until the beginning of November, but from there until mid Dec I might be able to make space...

A PUG meet-up?

Birmingham?

Just a thought...

I'm up for it if the date fits and the travel is OK - had a quick look and coaches seem pretty efficient and would give me around 7/8 hours drinking time. That enough for at least 15 pints.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    C'mon Hoppy, Nottingham. 3 Spoons, VAT & Fiddle, Olde Trip, The Bell, Canalhouse, Newshouse, Salutation, Keans Head, Lincolnshire Poacher......et al.

What more encouragement do you need?
    Hmm Haven't been to some pubs you have mentioned for years.. Now you just warming me up

Just had a look in my diary.. Oct 4th looks favourite since it is my pay day. I may need your help in next few weeks with Nottingham pubs. Cheers!
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I'm up for it if the date fits and the travel is OK - had a quick look and coaches seem pretty efficient and would give me around 7/8 hours drinking time. That enough for at least 15 pints.
    Friday November 12th?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Friday November 12th?
    It's free for me at the moment - can get a 9am coach from Victoria arriving at 11.35 (traffic permitting) in Digbeth. Would need to get a 7pm coach back to be safe. Not looked at train options yet but provisionally 12 Nov seems good for me.