A new challenge. Does anyone have any good pub signs they would like to report?

We have a number of pictures of some amazing signs, for particular attention it is worth looking at Anthony Collis's contributions. Who is I believe associated with the rather excellent Inn Sign Society. I also believe one of the contributers on the forum works with pub signs, although it is up to them to out themselves.

I think they are an excellent promotion for pubs and it is always sad for me to see these disappearing when pubs close down or change hands. If anyone has any old pictures of signs we would love to have them on the site.

As an aside I took a couple of pictures of The Golden Lion on the way into work today to try and show off the murals graphitied round the building. It was a fantastic piece of work done by some locally recognised urban artists. Not sure if it should have qualified for The Worst Piece of Art Memorabelia thread, but I think it adds real personality to the place. I only used my camera phone, but hopefully someone who likes photography will get a decent set of images to preserve the work.