Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Noctors Bar Maidenhead

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Default Noctors Bar Maidenhead

According to a rather lazy 'review' by the landlady this bar has now changed it's name to the Alpha Arms (although I am aware that some Irish pubs carry the name of the owner as well as the name of the pub).

If the pub has in fact changed it's name it would have been nice if they had updated the photo or at least mentioned it. I'm thinking maybe the web link should be moved to the Pub Web Link section. Maybe also an e-mail to the contributor might clarify the name.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hi Millay,

She has commented on 2 pubs if you look at her record, the Noctors Bar and the Alpha Arms. Presumably she just posted this one in the wrong place whilst she was leaving some photos of the Noctors Bar. The review is now deleted with an explanation that will hopefully see her add it as a link to the Alpha Arms.

Just as a note on our limitations, we can't really move comments to links, one of the things we haven't commented on too much is that we keep a very strong audit on the site so people get informed if we move, edit or delete their reviews, the concept of moving a review to a link just doesn't really exist (and clearly isn't worth the time to code). As to emailing people - again quite a time sink, so we only really do it as a mediation measure where for some reason 2 members need to chat.

Thanks for that.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Ah, mystery solved about the pub names.

Hadn't realised there was an auto advice if you were to change someone's review, that should be enough to prompt them to post it on the right pub.

Cheers
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    Hadn't realised there was an auto advice if you were to change someone's review...
    Which just tells us that you are a meticulous reviewer.

I think it is something that most on the forum don't realise. We are very keen on transparency, I think in the long term it allows you to handle complaints far more professionally. A huge headache when you just know a quick fix would sort it all out like this though.