Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have booked day off for...

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    I have heard The Lincolnshire Poacher got rave reviews so I wonder how long it will take me walk from station to there.
    Hi Hopwas it is a good 20 min walk to the Lincolnshire Poacher but well worth it.
    An easier way is when you walk towards the city centre from the train station you will see Broadmarsh bus station on your right go in there and walk to the end of the bus station and go to the bay nearist to the entrance to the shopping centre a free bus leaves here every 10 mins to the victoria bus station has you go into this bus station you are going up Mansfield road so head back out of the station and about 5 mins walk up mansfield road the Poacher is on the left.
    If you walk back down these pubs are half worth a visit.
    Nags Head
    Golden Fleece
    Rose of England
    The Peacock
    I hope this helps you on your Nottingham crawl Alan.

Right.. I have searched bit deeper so I need your advice on ths following pubs..

Navigation Inn, Wilford Street
    Pit and Pendulum.. One of pubs I have visited in my previous visit. Is it still going strong?
    The Dragon 67 Long Row

Thanks

Hoppy
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

The Dragon is one of the ones on my list to do as it is in the 2011 Good Beer Guide and I have not been there before. I have it marked on the map as part of a pedestrian area near Market Square tram stop close to the Council House and Tourist Information Centre.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Right.. I have searched bit deeper so I need your advice on ths following pubs..

Navigation Inn, Wilford Street
    Pit and Pendulum.. One of pubs I have visited in my previous visit. Is it still going strong?
    The Dragon 67 Long Row

Thanks

Hoppy

Hi Hopwas The Navigation is still there it is right next to the locks there are about 10 pumps on the bar but every time i have been in here recently they seem to have only one beer on which is usually Bank's Bitter.
    This is a decent pub though usually quiet.

The Dragon is in my opinion a very good pub with 3 real ales and well worth a visit,if you read my comments on PG you will know more about this pub.

The Pit and Pendulam is still there but i car'nt comment on this pub as i hav'nt been in for years.
    I hope this helps you on your crawl Alan