Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: I have booked day off for...

Hybrid View

Default I have booked day off for...

.. my 2nd Nottingham Pub Crawl on 4th Oct!

Hopefully the weather is slightly warmer this time (unlike my last visit was bloody freezing!)

Not decided on the route but will draw up the route later this week..

I am already starting to miss pub crawls after long time away..
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Have a good time Hoppy.

Look forward to your pub reviews as we are having a week at Arnold from the 10th so that we can go roung the pubs and have a few days at Nottingham beer festival.

I'll stay on me own

Look forward to your pub reviews as we are having a week at Arnold from the 10th so that we can go roung the pubs and have a few days at Nottingham beer festival.[/QUOTE]
    I quite like going to Arnold for a drink though most of the pubs on front street dont have any real ale if you get a dayrider ticket on NCT get off the bus going into Nottingham at sherwood there are 6 pubs on mansfield road 4 of these have real ale my favourite is the Chestnut Tree.
    If you get on another bus towards town get off at the top of mansfield rd with its junction with forest road you will see
    the Forest Tavern i think this maybe a Castle Rock house opens about 5 pm
    if you walk down the hill these are the next pubs that sell real ale
    Lincolnshire Poacher Castle rock tied house plus guests
    Nags Head 3 or 4 pumps
    Golden Fleece real ales and live music
    The Peacock beers from w&d/Marstons
    Rose of England about 4 real ales

I think Bensons is now a fizz house when you reach the bottom of mansfield road you are then on parliament street.
    I hope this list helps you a bit if you want to know which pubs in Arnold or any other part of Nottingham i might be able to help you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	firemen.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	389

"Look I'm telling you, Hoppy is coming. I read it on Pubsgalore and he wanted it to be warmer than last time." Nuff said.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

We will be taking the bus into Nottingham most days I expect so we can get round the pubs before the beer festival starts.

Visited Lincolnshire Poacher before and saw it had a plaque twinning the pub with one in Amsterdam, then while in Amsterdam last year we visited that pub (Inn de Wildman I believe) and saw the plaque twinning with Lincolnshire Poacher.

Looking forward to a good week.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Gill, if you've not visited the Plough in nearby Radford (a mile or so West) then I'd recommend it, although, as home to Nottingham Brewery, I doubt you'll be finding many new ticks. Magpie Brewery also started up in Nottingham now, I hear; don't know what their circulation is like yet.