Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Twitter

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I have friends who seem to only virtually date . Wondering now if I can get away with a joke about virtual marriage, but I suspect it could see me making my own food for a long time to come.

Anyway, you should add your friends Bloxwich site to our Bloxwich page.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

i'll text him
    MILD:

I regularly search twitter for Hay on Wye, to see what people are saying - one tweet mentioned excellent pub lunch, lovely draft cider but draft perry tasting of vinegar. As I'd had to take a perry of the bar this weekend I thought it might be us - tweeted him offering him a free pint next time he's in - one happy customer that might not have come back

Love the tweet feed, I can see this site becoming more popular than, well, other *ahem* sites. Have to go - I fancy a BITE to eat

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

I had to drop you a PM on on the *ahem* other site, as i dont think yours is set up on here. I think that proves my comment on customer service though for your place!
    MILD:

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Pm's should work on here, if not let me know (me being nervous we have something broken here).

Ed, glad you like the Twitter stuff, I would love to do more for the publican side of the site if it is simple add ons like that, I believe if we can get them interested it is better for the visitors to the site. One of the improvements I have to do is make the link to the Twitter feed more visible, so that will appear in the next couple of days.

Also well done on the customer service, I wish a fraction of the places I went to offered good service in the place, let alone once I have left it.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Ok, just made the links on the pub page a little more visible if there is a Twitter feed. Also made our Twitter feed visible on the front page, and a link off to a page with all the pub Twitter feeds we know about. The list is randomised so as not to give anyone priority. In general hopefully a little more visibility on PG for those pubs on Twitter though.

Oh and a big shout out to Ed for mentioning us on his feed, we got a spike in people on Twitter last night and I think that was a huge contributer, so thanks a lot.
    Last edited by Conrad; 14-10-2009 at 19:15. Reason: Forgot to thank Ed, I am a selfish Bar Steward :-)

Always happy to help Now about that giant advert at the top of every page advertising a certain pub...

Seriously, I think the site is cracking, and innovation and support shown to pubs from the owners deserves thanks. Simply mentioning you every now and then is the least we can do

That doesn't mean you can start slacking, letting HQ team-members go on holiday and the like

Like Mr Arch I just dont get the fascination of Twitter, Texting, Face book and mobile phones in general. I even have a strong phobia about ordinary phones.
    I go to a pub and without exception I will see someone fiddling with their phone all evening while their friend stares into space obviously bored out of their skull. I consider such action plain rudeness. Its like saying to your friend that you would rather be in someone elses company.
    As to the lax security on these new methods of communication it defies belief. Now we have not one but two divorces ongoing in the family. All because of messages and photos on Face book and emails on the PC and texts and phone numbers on mobiles. If you carry on with another man/woman or meerkat why leave easily available evidence in every IT device you own. Take this as a warning . Do not covet thy neighbours Ass . Meerkat or Partner. What a pair of Plonkers.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Security is an odd one, it is certainly not unheard of for me to take advantage of lax security, for instance when my neighbours wireless network was getting on my nerves I may have changed the name of the network to suggest that they should make it secure. The trouble is though all of this is advancing faster than people know how to cope with, but for most it is outweighed by the pleasure they get from playing with their new toys.

Couldn't agree more about the phones when out with mates thing though, how rude. That said when out with Dave it is actually quite amusing at times to watch him try and field his many responsibilities () via text messaging - antisocial git .

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    That said when out with Dave it is actually quite amusing at times to watch him try and field his many responsibilities () via text messaging - antisocial git .
    You're just jealous of my very active anti-social life!

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I have friends who seem to only virtually date
    Nothing wrong with virtual dates. The alternative is ending up in an O'Neill's, being forced to drink lager due to a total lack of beer and then having a hangover all the following day at work. Not that anything like that has happened to me this week.