Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twitter

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Hi Conrad

It's funny that you mentioned the Rat and Ratchet in Huddersfield because they contributed to my Twitter epiphany also. It was whilst I was dipping into the excellent Huddersfield based beer/brewery/pubs blog 'aswiftone' that I realised...hang on this is actually useful.

Three other superb venues contribute to the blog The Sportsman, The Star and The White Horse, Emley. I wonder if they might also be interested in having their tweets on PG?
    Last edited by aleandhearty; 23-10-2009 at 19:30.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Nothing wrong with virtual dates. The alternative is ending up in an O'Neill's, being forced to drink lager due to a total lack of beer and then having a hangover all the following day at work. Not that anything like that has happened to me this week.
    How are you trying to claim that there is not a link between drinking at O'Neill's and virtual dates?

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Hi Conrad

It's funny that you mentioned the Rat and Ratchet in Huddersfield because they contributed to my Twitter epiphany also. It was whilst I was dipping into the excellent Huddersfield based beer/brewery/pubs blog 'aswiftone' that I realised...hang on this actually useful.

Three other superb venues contribute to the blog The Sportsman, The Star and The White Horse, Emley. I wonder if they might also be interested in having their tweets on PG?
    Hi aleandhearty,

Sorry I overlooked this.

Twittering certainly has it's uses, I have to admit I am not quite in tune with some of the more dramatic claims, but I am coming round to some of it. As to pubs using it, my own personal feeling is that if a pub is currently using it then they are an innovator, and as such more likely to actually be trying to please their customers. A broad assertion to make, but an indicator at least. And I do think that the ones we have flagged are using it in a good way.

As to those 3, we are kind of against aggressive marketing, I know if people were to just start sending messages to me I would treat it as spam. We will give it some thought, and may well try approaching them to get them onboard.

At the moment we are asking those whose Tweets are being displayed on PG to follow our Tweets, which we then use to promote ourselves, so they may view that as an unnecessary annoyance.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I will let you know where we go with it.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hi aleandhearty,

Just as another follow up (being appallingly slow on this one), I have just tried contacting those 3 pubs (not sure if I got it right though, I am still trying to understand Twitter). So hopefully they will join in on the site.

Also the A Swift One blog is quite interesting, so thanks for that pointer.

Conrad