Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frost on the 17th Sept. You,re aving a larf.

Default Frost on the 17th Sept. You,re aving a larf.

Set off for work at 6.30 and the windscreen had a covering of ice. Didn,t have to scrape, the wipers cleared it o.k.

Sorry nowt to do with pubs or David Jason based t.v. prog but blummin heck its only the 17th Sept and the cricket season isn,t over yet (unless you are called Flintoff).
    From the home of the kebab of doom

I can't remember the last time I didn't wear my jacket to work - must be mid August - it normally stays on the coat hook until mid October! I refuse to put the heating on until November but it may be different this year. Only another 11 years and I can claim my winter fuel allowance. Until then I will continue to huddle around a 30w light bulb.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Still nice & balmy here on Sarf Coast, but will admit to putting a fleece on in last few days

Winter fuel allowance, I get it, but if it is canceled I guess I will have to ride around on free buses all day

Or sit in the pub more like

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Bloody freezing up here in Shropshire , good job i got plenty of anti-freeze on board
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Well this ex-northerner down south hasn't been to work in anything but shirt sleeves since May. I wore a light coat on Tuesday night, purely in case of rain, but it made me feel too hot. Just in tonight from a work do and no coat, no need.

I've had to err shall I say "tamper" with the heating thermostat a bit to keep the Mrs and daughter from making the place like Kew Gardens Tropical House. The manual setting, much favoured by women, is set lower than the automatic one.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    Well this ex-northerner down south
    Exiled, rather than ex-, I trust? Or, perhaps more accurately, migrant?

Anyway, you're doing better than me, I'm afraid 24yrs down here have made me rather nesh these days. Also, isn't the Mrs from Yorkshire? How does she reconcile her roots regarding the thermostat and the cost of it, especially since gas prices seem to have virtually doubled in the last 10yrs, despite the cost of oil going back down a bit. Where are the independent regulators ffs? Oops, bit of a tangent there.

I'm up, bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, raring to go... but no beer vouchers. Depressing.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Also, isn't the Mrs from Yorkshire? How does she reconcile her roots regarding the thermostat and the cost of it
    Sadly not true to type, money is there to be wasted spent. I think it's nature's way of getting the balance right with her sister and husband.
    Last edited by Maldenman; 18-09-2010 at 07:12. Reason: bl**dy apostrophe!

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Must admit to having cold feet going round the pubs in sandals, but forgot to pack shoes and resent having to buy shoes to keep feet warm for the next couple of days. Hubby really glad I'm not one of those women who needs a wardrobe full of shoes.

Not into jumpers yet. Maybe as a northerner who is still in a house with no central heating (when I'm there!) I am hardier than most.

No frost yesterday or today-down to 2 C. We were selling plants at a farmers market'somewhere in Knet', and it was damn cold in the wind-no caots of course. Off to do the same at 2 events-beer tent at one!

Nice one Maldenman, using the possibility of rain as a cover for wearing a coat on Tuesday!

I'm off to Scotland tomorrow, which by my reckoning is way, way, up North. It's probably snowing by now! I'm taking my warmest coat, scarf, thermal gloves, and no T-shirts!