Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Croeso i Gymru

Real Ale Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    Had a crazy thought about walking around the Great Orme
    I can't believe you even contemplated doing that. Must be that Welsh beer mate having an effect on you. Be careful, next thing you'll be singing and doing Tom Jones impersonations !
    Enjoy. Hope the rain stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Grailhunter View Post
    Be careful, next thing you'll be singing and doing Tom Jones impersonations !
    It's not unusual.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    It's not unusual.
    Bastard, I was about to do that one

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    Millay, I remember taking a tram ride to the top of the Great Orme. Great Views but not much else. There was also a ski slope and toboggan ride with a licenced apres ski lodge.This was quite a while ago and it probably went bust years ago during the Great Fondue Crash. Don't forget Conway, only a couple of trainstops away.
    Enjoy yourself.
    I took the tram up to the top yesterday, there's even a bar there now, the Randolph Turpin Bar. I wasn't going to go in but it was blowing a gale and wanted to take shelter somewhere. I went to the Tourist Information desk which was staff entirely by sheep, when I asked them the best place to go they all said Baaaa ! so i though why not (I'll get me coat). There's also a decent pub, the Kings Head, right by the tram station at the bottom.

Also went to Conwy and found a couple of good pubs and a couple of poor ones.

After a couple of overcast mornings today was clear so I went out early to catch another good sunrise. Walked up Marine Drive as far as the toll booth but resisted the temptation to keep walking round the Orme, or doing a Tom Jones impression. Heading for the Green Green Grass of Home soon, and will need to start writing up all these reviews.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Also went to Conwy and found a couple of good pubs and a couple of poor ones.
    Reports/advice on Conwy would be well received Millay, thanks.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

There's also a decent pub, the Kings Head, right by the tram station at the bottom.

A real oasis this one after nearly being blown off the Great Orme, the sort of pub you can settle into and it feels like home, I loved it

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/62115/

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Reports/advice on Conwy would be well received Millay, thanks.
    Happy to oblige Trainman. Conwy is quite handy for a short crawl as there are half a dozen pubs within easy walking distance of the train station and bus stops. The better real ale pubs in my opinion are the Blue Bell, the George & Dragon and The Bridge/Y Bont.

At Ye Olde Mailcoach there were a couple of pumps with local ales. The Liverpool Arms also has a couple and is ideal if it’s a sunny day as it is right by the harbour so you can sit outside and get great views. The only one I’d avoid is the Malt Loaf, although they did have a Bass pump.

I’ve added reviews for all the pubs and here’s a link to a suggested crawl starting at the train station and Lancaster Square bus stop.

An Afternoon in Conwy
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.