Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Croeso i Gymru

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Default Croeso i Gymru

Or Welcome to Wales if you don't understand this baffling language. Got here yesterday and had a few halves around Llandudno's pubs, the favourite being Celtic Dragon from the local Great Orme Brewery. The JDW Palladium was very impressive, in decor if not in beer range. The Cottage Loaf next door was much better and was where I found the Celtic Dragon.

Up early today and out of the hotel just after 6am to watch a stunning sunrise over the Little Orme. Weather was sunny and warm so after breakfast I got myself an all day bus ticket and headed off to explore. Got as far as Colwyn Bay when it started raining, and it hasn't stopped yet, so I'm taking refuge back at the hotel and planning to find somewhere close by to follow this afternoon's football with a pint or two.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    Up early today and out of the hotel just after 6am to watch a stunning sunrise over the Little Orme.
    Been there, done it

http://www.rneba.org.uk/ll2008/html/agm_2008_6.html

Keep an eye out for Bragdy Mws Piws brewery - or Purple Moose if you'd rather. Snowdonia, for a 'weak' beer, is fantastic. Dark Side of the Moose is my personal favourite though.
    *insert something clever/humorous/interesting here*

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    Or Welcome to Wales if you don't understand this baffling language.
    Actually it's quite a simple language - compared to English...

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    Keep an eye out for Bragdy Mws Piws brewery - or Purple Moose if you'd rather. Snowdonia, for a 'weak' beer, is fantastic. Dark Side of the Moose is my personal favourite though.
    Glaslyn Ale for me...

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    Love Purple Moose beers , my BOTW last week was Purple Moose Cadwaleder Jones ,
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Haven't tried it yet. Got that, Dark side, Snowdon and a new one coming down for the fest. I feel like a spoilt kid when I think of it that way! It's not every day you can choose 50 beers you want to try
    *insert something clever/humorous/interesting here*

A walk along the prom early in the morning to buy a newspaper and work up an appetite to do justice to the full English breakfast. The smell of cooking bacon from the hotels and guest houses wafts along with you ensuring you do not stay out too long. Sigh...wish I was there.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Actually it's quite a simple language - compared to English...
    I'm getting a little envious to be honest and wish I was brave enough to try a few words. It's refreshing that even the twenty somethings are talking about ensuring their kids learn the language.

Yesterday (Sunday) was abit of a washout, it was raining when I got up and still raining at midnight, although there was a couple of hours in the afternoon when it stopped. Took refuge in a coffee shop with a book then took the Marine Drive coach tour around the Great Orme. The phrases, 'you can just about see' and 'normally I'd point out xxxxx but I don't think we'll see that today' were oft used. Spent some time in the penny arcades on the pier then toured around a few pubs to help with those 'virgin' reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    A walk along the prom early in the morning to buy a newspaper and work up an appetite to do justice to the full English breakfast. The smell of cooking bacon from the hotels and guest houses wafts along with you ensuring you do not stay out too long. Sigh...wish I was there.
    That's the plan for this morning, it's looking dry and I can see the start of a sunrise (officially 06:58 today and the tide will be on it's way in), going to pop out shortly and join the seagulls. Had a crazy thought about walking around the Great Orme but after driving it yesterday there are too many hills, which I suppose shouldn't come as a great surprise. Done plenty of walking these past few days and not sure the old legs are up to it.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Millay, I remember taking a tram ride to the top of the Great Orme. Great Views but not much else. There was also a ski slope and toboggan ride with a licenced apres ski lodge.This was quite a while ago and it probably went bust years ago during the Great Fondue Crash. Don't forget Conway, only a couple of trainstops away.
    Enjoy yourself.