Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Pubs Galore Meet Up - Friday 12 November - Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    £8.70 return for me , trouble is doesnt look like i can get the day off
    Some of us journeymen will be around until at least 7/8 o'clock so even if you can sneak off early, it may be a worthwhile trip if you can get there for a couple of hours. I'm sure some of the Brum area contingent who aren't so reliant on the travelling side of things will be around until much later.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Some of us journeymen will be around until at least 7/8 o'clock so even if you can sneak off early, it may be a worthwhile trip if you can get there for a couple of hours. I'm sure some of the Brum area contingent who aren't so reliant on the travelling side of things will be around until much later.
    Still working on it , knocking off early aint that easy when you drive for a living , on Fridays i am normally found wandering round South Cheshire , North Shropshire and bits of Wales , hopefully i can get the day off , but its looking grim at the moment
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

I've counted 10 yes, 3 maybes and a couple of no's. A decent crowd.

I'm assuming most of us do not know what each other looks like and maybe each other's real names - should be fun!
    Waes hael!

who's going to make the avatar badges this time??!?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post

I'm assuming most of us do not know what each other looks like and maybe each other's real names - should be fun!
    Sorry-I won't be able to make it.It sounds like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post

I know a few but not many. I may have a look around and see if I can buy an "Only 1 F' in Dartford" shirt ta aid recognition! Not sure where the guy in my avatar got his.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

The raid is also booked for tm & an old drinking pal.
    The attached are pubs that I'd be disappointed not to take in during my 8.5hr time allowance
    http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/crawl/cr....php?pub=53682

Notes:
    1) Although Barton Arms is furthest off (this) route, it is praised architecturally and carries a range of Oakham ales, so it's a must for me (4mins bus from nr Bull).
    2) I'd dearly have liked to visit Vine (Bull&Bladder), Brierley Hill, but time will be against that journey unfortunately.
    3) White Swan (nr Anchor) gets good press for building, if not for beer; an option.
    4) Old Joint Stock is praised, and may even have guests but it's still a Fullers house; an option.
    5) A walk from POW (or 6min, £1.60 rtn train Moor St>Jewellery Qtr) would offer Lord Clifden & Red Lion. I hate the idea of 'urban art', but read that I may track down my elusive Butty Bach; a conundrum.
    6) If Roger's on a 15-pinter, I hope he gets 5 down before the mortals start arriving, (in my case 11:27).

Anyway, I didn't close out that crawl, but if I limit myself to those 8, that'll allow a couple of others en route, or jokers (Welly & Barton for me).

I'm very pleased to be able to add my name to the list, & look forward to meeting those who can make it on the day.

ps. As well as our own esteemed contributors, John Bonser has written some good reviews of targets in the area on the other site (Mar10), I sent a PM to let him know the scheduled date.

pps. I asked a couple of Nottingham pals if they were interested, I hope that didn't break the rules.
    Last edited by trainman; 28-09-2010 at 16:36.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    ps. As well as our own esteemed contributors, John Bonser has written some good reviews of targets in the area on the other site (Mar10), I sent a PM to let him know the scheduled date.
    I also thought about dropping JB a line. Hopefully he will take the bait.

5) A walk from POW (or 6min, £1.60 rtn train Moor St>Jewellery Qtr) would offer Lord Clifden & Red Lion. I hate the idea of 'urban art', but read that I may track down my elusive Butty Bach; a conundrum.

May I interest you with The Victoria (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/37928/) they do have Butty Bach and only 5 mins walk from New Street Station
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post

May I interest you with The Victoria (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/37928/) they do have Butty Bach and only 5 mins walk from New Street Station
    Noted, thanks. I hadn't spotted that as a target for decor, or ale, but gets some ok comments, incl for that beer... I'll put it on my reserves bench.