Ads not shown when logged in
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Pubs Galore Meet Up - Friday 12 November - Birmingham

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Couple of things, Oggwyn, there was a problem with your PM's I have PM'd you to let you know what I had to do to solve it. Everyone should now be able to PM you though.

I am wondering if the meet ups are being lost by being here, I still think they should be in a seperate forum, but I will look at chucking announcements up to make them more obvious. Certainly sorry to miss out on General Staal. I am happy to give you RogerB's phone number (or mine more fairly ) on the offchance you can sneak in a quick drink.

Edit: Also moved thread but hopefully the redirect will help enough. Being rather slow I only just realised this was in the wrong place.
    OK , read and replied to you , dont understand any of it though , will stick to van driving
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

From my original 8, I'm deffo keeping 6, maybe dropping Old Fox and, sadly, Prince of Wales (only pub west of route, & slightly mainstream beers see ghp report, tho maybe it should be ticked if future uncertain?).
    I still have intentions (outside centre) for Digbeth, & Barton Arms.

Conrad & Dave, did I miss your ETA?

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Posted here. 11:26 at station, then sometime after midday at the Welly.

10% chance of showers ~noon, rising to 50% ~18:00.
    I'm sure a correlation & similarly shaped graph could be drawn regarding beer consumption, slurring, memory loss & map reading as the day progresses...

Perhaps we should have a live commentary thread. Those of us with Blackberries, smart phones, ipads and laptops squished into our pockets can leave an ongoing trail of the day's events for the benefit of the abstainers. The declining quality of grammar and spelling through the day can then stand as evidence of the ongoing shenanigans.

Can anyone recommend a good pub to visit in Salisbury?

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/41766/ (Wyndham Arms) is the best one, I think, and is close to http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/41765/ (Winchester Gate). They're both the other side of town from the station, though (20 mins walk), so if you want to drink within 5 mins of the station, Deacons ( http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/41671/ ) or The Village Freehouse ( http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/41759/ ). They're all better for drink than food though, so if you want to eat, I would suggest The Rai D'Or (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/41747/) which does genuine Thai food, usually has Stonehenge on and gives discount to CAMRA members. These are all GBG pubs so you should have no probs with beer quality.

http://www.thebull-pricestreet.com/bullreview.pdf

One from my list. Eating, tho, (apart from something essential before the 'off') requires delicate timing on a beer day.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    ..... These are all GBG pubs so you should have no probs with beer quality.
    Ooops

Sorry for the confusion I was just trying to explain what I meant by 'Recommend Me Do', not going to Salisbury yet.

Ooops

Sorry for the confusion I was just trying to explain what I meant by 'Recommend Me Do', not going to Salisbury yet.
    Oh dear, sorry I let my enthusiasm run away with me. Guess I'll just have to do my own quality control on the Salisbury pubs this week then.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Well today's the day for fine tuning and horse trading!

Just looked at the BBC forecast and the good news is tomorrow looks considerably better - at least in the morning.

Been trying to get my head round all the possible permutations. Personally, tomorrow is as much a social outing as a race around Birmingham's finest. However, I have softened my initial stance about drifting too far from the centre.

My gut feeling at the moment ( not necessarily right for everyone else), is perhaps to have a good extended meet up at the Welly, before straight on to The Bartons Arms. If possible then go directly to the Digbeth trio before ticking off a few in the centre before home.

Perhaps we could have a rendezvous pub towards the end of the day, as we wind down before catching our trains?
    Last edited by aleandhearty; 11-11-2010 at 12:14.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.