Ads not shown when logged in
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Pubs Galore Meet Up - Friday 12 November - Birmingham

unfortunately I don't own any modern hand-held technology as my old 2001 mobile phone refuses to die. I'm impressed some peeps are already on their way!

Anyway, I've just realised that I haven't got a sodding clue where I'm going when I get to Brum and my printer's just died, so am trying to hand sketch a map. Should be fun. I'm sure the locals will help me if I get lost?!?

Anyways, I am wearing my red Reading Beer Fest t-shit (CLICHE!) but it's highly likely it'll be hidden under a warm jumper and raincoat

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    The Sloe Bar up by Platform 1 might be open, if you're desperate
    I'm not THAT desperate. Had a quick peek at the new Euston Tap - seems a bit small - might try it out when we get back tonight if we are still in one piece!

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Had a quick peek at the new Euston Tap - seems a bit small - might try it out when we get back tonight if we are still in one piece!
    Oh No Roger, please don't do that we may never see you again. Even for a man of your ledgendary status that might be a step too far. Last time I was in there were at least three 9%+ beers, and you just have to try them.

If you do make it I'd recommend the Great Divide Hercules Double American IPA. 10% and crammed full of flavour. £4 a half !!
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

I have a map with several of the better pubs marked out. If anyone is lost just phone International Rescue and I will find them. Now on train ready for the next leg. Will be
    resplendant all in black like a good period Elvis (or a bad period Ozzy) with my Tan Hill t-shirt being the predominant (non-natural) feature.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I don't have a clever phone so will be leaving for the 9.30 bus soon and will only be able to contact via phone & text. Sound like most of you are on the way. See you soon.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Just tucking in to a full english before catching the bus up to Telford , may even make the earlier train and get to Brum at 11 26
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    Wow, an even earlier start !! what dedication
    It was actually a 0300 start in a taxi that turned up at 0250!!!! Ryanair on time,on a bus passing a pub called The Tudor in a village near Radcliffe power station en route to Derby. See ye soon!

That's it from me, I need to get underway now.

No mobile internet thingy for me so will be incommunicado now, and in Birrmingham later
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by an_ecumenical_matter View Post
    It was actually a 0300 start in a taxi that turned up at 0250!!!! Ryanair on time,on a bus passing a pub called The Tudor in a village near Radcliffe power station en route to Derby. See ye soon!
    Looking forward to meeting up again. I think yours is the only mobile number I've got (Trainman should have mine) so I'll be phoning you if I get lost !!

Just Missed the Round Evil Gazebo's Avatar

Is anyone in the Welly yet? I'll hopefully arrive in about half an hour. I'll be wearing an official "Pubs Galore" novelty hat.
    And you can really taste the hops!