Roger ................10:23
    Quinno ...............11:18
    tm .....................11:27
    Millay .................11:45
    Oggy .................11:55 or 12:25
    aem ...................~noon
    a&h and oldboots.12:07
    PoH ....................12:25

Any others have a fix on travel plans yet?
    I don't want to make things complicated but have now noted Andy's warning that the Welly aint so big, and may lean toward being crowded at lunchtime.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Me and Dave are due to arrive at 11:26 at New St. We are then planning to stuff our faces to try and compensate for our extreme light weightness (well mine at least). So we could head to the Briar Rose or just catch up at the lunch time meet point.

We will be wearing our Pug badges so should be fairly visible and also the business cards have arrived and look fairly cool, so I think we should be fairly obvious once we join up and hopefully that will make it easier. Not too worried about the recognition aspect, generally I find you spot people with just the odd bit of embarrassment when you ask the wrong person. It is just the being at the right place aspect that is a worry.

I know A&H, Quinno and Trainman so spotting them should be OK. I am 6'3" tall and some gits would say almost as wide so spotting me should be easy. I will either have a Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt from my extensive worldwide collection or, if I can find it and it hasn't shrunk in the wash, my black Tan Hill Tavern t-shirt.

Maybe Conrad and Dave could parade around the pub with a Pubs Galore sandwich board. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Me and Dave are due to arrive at 11:26 at New St. We are then planning to stuff our faces to try and compensate for our extreme light weightness (well mine at least). So we could head to the Briar Rose or just catch up at the lunch time meet point.

We will be wearing our Pug badges so should be fairly visible and also the business cards have arrived and look fairly cool, so I think we should be fairly obvious once we join up and hopefully that will make it easier. Not too worried about the recognition aspect, generally I find you spot people with just the odd bit of embarrassment when you ask the wrong person. It is just the being at the right place aspect that is a worry.
    Conrad and Dave,what are ye doing for tickets??? Gazebo should be getting the train as well but he's asleep in a cell in Bratislava at present. The deal from Bristol is off peak day return Bristol TM-Cheltenham £7.40 and off peak return (saver) Cheltenham-Birmingham £19.00,total £26.40. Then you have flexibilty to come back any time. Quinno should do more or less the same from Reading,split at Banbury. Any one else who needs ticket advice PM me.

Trainman,my flight lands at 0855 in East Midlands so I'll be earlier than noon I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by an_ecumenical_matter View Post
    Conrad and Dave,what are ye doing for tickets??? Gazebo should be getting the train as well but he's asleep in a cell in Bratislava at present. The deal from Bristol is off peak day return Bristol TM-Cheltenham £7.40 and off peak return (saver) Cheltenham-Birmingham £19.00,total £26.40. Then you have flexibilty to come back any time. Quinno should do more or less the same from Reading,split at Banbury. Any one else who needs ticket advice PM me.
    Foolishly I've already gone ahead and booked us on specific trains, so getting there at 11:26 and leaving at 20:12 and paid £33. I did try to make sense of splitting it at Cheltenham but got confused and just went with keeping it simple for myself. I will remember to ask you first next time.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

I have a half day - so will likely get out of work at about 1pm - i also have to work Saturday, so i hope to be down and drink maturely
    MILD:

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    I have a half day - so will likely get out of work at about 1pm - i also have to work Saturday, so i hope to be down and drink maturely
    Excellent news, I look forward to my timely education.

Was about to hit the send button, reread what I had written, wondered if it was entirely wise to send, and gave up on trying to think of a rewrite

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I'm wondering whether any of the earlier arrivals might fancy a tactical early trip to tick Barton Arms, one of the less accessible/off route on my wish-list (+ probable joker after short bus ride)?
    You will need bus 33 (to Pheasey), 51 (to Walsall) or 56 (to Brownhills) from Stand DJ or DK in Carrs Lane. If you can find Marks and Spencers on High Street, Carrs Lane runs down the left hand side of the store. Get off at Newtown Baths/Park Lane/Bartons Arms.
    Waes hael!

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Attendee ETAs, so far, appear to be as follows

Any others have a fix on travel plans yet?
    I don't want to make things complicated but have now noted Andy's warning that the Welly aint so big, and may lean toward being crowded at lunchtime.
    Just bag a couple of tables. You should get some at 12.30 but then it may get busy. I'll work until 12.30 and then join you in the Welly 5 minutes later. If you have a fancy mobile internet thing you can choose your beer before you get there http://www.thewellingtonrealale.co.uk/beerboard.php.

I've been to the Briar Rose this lunchtime. Beer festival is on but there wasn't much choice jumping out at me (albeit in part because I was driving home later).
    Waes hael!

Sorry everyone but its looking like I won't be joining you....

There are a few reasons - the main one being financial to be honest. Things are a bit tight at the moment and with two home games next week I can't really justify another afternoons drinking.

I would have loved to meet you all and put faces to names but there will be other times I am sure !

At least I won't be missing visiting any new pubs. I might get a number from someone who will be there for the whole session and if I can pop up for an hour I can find out where you all are.

For those of you wanting to go to the Bartons Arms you can catch the No. 7 bus from Colmore Row - right by the Joint Stock - it runs every 10 mins or so and drops you just over the road from the pub. Takes about 15 - 20 mins.

Sorry again

Del.

I am a salmon !!