Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Worst piece of art/memorabilia in a pub

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    I was in an hotel cellar today that is having a lot of rebuilding work done , in one of the cellar back rooms they found a load of old handle glasses , all branded . As well as the usual Bass and Tetley were some i had forgotten , Stones Bitter , Double Diamond and Worthington E , oh the rubbish we used to drink .

Whilst most now agree keg is rubbish, when it first came out it was a God send in some pubs, and possibly remains true today as well, though maybe not for PG fans & real ale inn keepers of course
    http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?t=499

We turned up there to discover a new management family, including the children running round the bar like mad heads (I personally am not a kiddie fan, so this was disruptive enough). Clearly realising the children were not quite hyper enough the kindly new management decided to play the, at the time song of vogue, Crazy Frog .... 3 FECKING TIMES. So down with the drinks and never go back.

Hi there,

This reminds me of a visit to "The Wharf" in Old Hill a few years back with my brother. We walked in to find kids toys everywhere.All over the floor and tables - there was even a half drunk bottle of baby milk on one table next to an overflowing ash tray !! A toddler and a large dog were behaving like lunatics.
    The worst thing however was the smell. It was gut wrenching. Being brave souls we ordered a couple of pints. The barmaid must have noticed us looking sick from the smell because she offered an explanation I shall never forget
    "Don't worry about the stink - I have had the dogs dinner in the oven too long !". It was a short visit !!!
    Having said that I had some great times in the Wharf and was genuinely saddened when it closed. It has since been torched and demolished. I don't think it is listed on the site - perhaps I will suggest it for old times sake !!

Cheers,

Del.

Hi all,

Correction. The Wharf is listed - (38290)

Saved me listing it !!

Cheers,

Del.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Dell,

Your story reminds me of a story completly unrelated to pubs.

It was at an old IT company I was working for (now gone). Me and a friend were having a chat as we strolled into the kitchen to make our morning drinks, I was holding the cup I had just grabbed off my desk and he delved into the dishwasher to get out a cup and then we carried on chatting casually as we moved over to the kettle.

Anyway the conversation carried on for a few seconds before this friend just chimes in with. 'Hang on a sec, Conrad. I just want you to check what I just saw.' Wheels me back to the dishwasher, opens it up and there all along the bottom tray were the toilet bog brushes and their buckets Right underneath where he had just grabbed his cup from.

The worst bit is that neither of us were that surprised.