Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CAMRA's top 16 pubs

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by Grailhunter View Post
    Three for me, the Harp, Taps and the Beacon. Have been to Manchester many times and feel I should have been in the Knott Bar but I can't picture it. Will make sure I get there next time.
    Hoping to be in Chester in October for a day with Millay and others so the Brewery Tap will be a must for us then.
    Much the same as you Grail, can't believe I've not been in the Knott Bar during many trips to Manchester and looking to tick off the Brewery Tap next month. Might make it earlier actually, I'm off to Llandudno tomorrow so might make a Chester trip from there.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Oooh, that's annoying. Didn't notice Brewery Tap was in Chester, so I should have been there but don't exactly recall - I didn't review any of my pubs that day. Can I up my claim to five& a half?

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Brewery Tap and Beacon Hotel for me - another pointless list though
    MILD:

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    - another pointless list though
    Bah! Humbug...

Just the Beacon for me too, but a classic night was had on my visit which had to be slept off in the back of my car on the car park.
    From the home of the kebab of doom

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

2 definites for me the Beacon(years ago must revisit) and the Brewery Tap (will be back in November) , I have been on a few stag weekends in Aber over the years so the chances of me having done the Ship and Castle are high
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    ....Must get out more
    Me too, never been near the Harp, but I've been to the Bell a few times, although not recently..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

It great to see the Flower Pot in there - shows just what you can do to turn a poor pub around with a bit (actually a lot) of effort.

Managed to visit the Guide Dog for the first time last week, and with the Harp that's just three for me...

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    It great to see the Flower Pot in there - shows just what you can do to turn a poor pub around with a bit (actually a lot) of effort.

Managed to visit the Guide Dog for the first time last week, and with the Harp that's just three for me...
    I went into the Flower Pot years ago, and it was pretty grotty.Seems to be doing great things now. Used the Harp a few times before I realised that I could get to Liverpool Street Station by getting off at london Bridge. I now use the Borough market pubs when I miss my train back to Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    another pointless list though
    disagree - this list has been voted for by CAMRA members (including me ) so it has more validity than half a dozen hacks in Guardian's office coming up with a list on a dull Tuesday afternoon...and the pub of the year will emerge from it.