Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Work on PG (or how I spend my spare time)

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    Think of it as therapy - bad pint or bad service - you can chose - drop the pub in the sea, the arctic, the moon, or Death Valley
    Now there is an idea, have a skip on the map and just bung bad pub in there. If skip was scaled correctly a viewer would see the pointer and thus be warned to read review & avoid or maybe try it and see if it was really that bad

I know I am often tempted to try the Mother Shipton in Pompey

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/13591/

I think it even featured on a TV "Britain's hardest pubs" programme

I will go in daylight hours just in case

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Now there is an idea, have a skip on the map and just bung bad pub in there. If skip was scaled correctly a viewer would see the pointer and thus be warned to read review & avoid or maybe try it and see if it was really that bad

I know I am often tempted to try the Mother Shipton in Pompey

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/13591/

I think it even featured on a TV "Britain's hardest pubs" programme

I will go in daylight hours just in case
    Hi Farway and admin guys - take a look at my review for Poets Corner, Bloxwich - Shakespeare Inn and Victoria Hotel, Scarboro for real skip pubs

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Hi Farway and admin guys - take a look at my review for Poets Corner, Bloxwich - Shakespeare Inn and Victoria Hotel, Scarboro for real skip pubs
    Nice to see you fell for the Traditional Ales sign with the Victoria, not just me then, I fell into same trap at The Station in Bognor last week , must get the review written soon

We have the Poets Corner listed as Willenhall, which caused a little confusion here when we went looking for it in Bloxwich. Most amusing though, and far more helpful than the one previous comment. From what I can tell Willenhall is actually correct although I notice a certain other site does have it as Bloxwich.

I did particularly enjoy the review of the Shakespeare when I saw it go by the other day. The sign outside does promise entertainment though and it sounds as if that is what you got.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    We have the Poets Corner listed as Willenhall, which caused a little confusion here when we went looking for it in Bloxwich. Most amusing though, and far more helpful than the one previous comment. From what I can tell Willenhall is actually correct although I notice a certain other site does have it as Bloxwich.

I did particularly enjoy the review of the Shakespeare when I saw it go by the other day. The sign outside does promise entertainment though and it sounds as if that is what you got.

I guess it would come under New Invention, or Short Heat at real local 'hamlet' level. Bloxwich is the closest 'village', it would have come under the old Willenhall UDC, until 1966, when this became a part of Walsall. There was of course a Short Heath UDC for a short time last century. I hope thats clear

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Exclamation

Oy! You two !

That is quite enough locality talk, it distresses and scares me unduly.

We are not rewriting the location system again. Next thing you know I will be expected to index these places by their nearest village green.

(grumble - mumble - grumble)

Not getting a little defensive there, by any chance, Mr Conrad?

Former Pubs Galore Coder

We have already come close to revealing my tenous grasp on geography, couple this with how one goes about coding it and you have the stuff of my nightmares.

What is worse is I would normally challenge someone to try and come up with ways to improve how we do our locations in the system, having seen your post though I am scared that you would!

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    We have already come close to revealing my tenous grasp on geography, couple this with how one goes about coding it and you have the stuff of my nightmares.

What is worse is I would normally challenge someone to try and come up with ways to improve how we do our locations in the system, having seen your post though I am scared that you would!
    Apparently, when the streets were first laid down, the area was known as Little Bristol, as nobody could find their way around.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Why do you think I like pub crawling in Bath, less area to get lost in.