Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advertising ideas

Hybrid View

Default Advertising ideas

I thought a thread of advertising ideas for PuG would be good as I've come up with a great one and thought I'd start off.

I am thinking that some free advertising on the BBC would do this site the world of good!

There are a lot of knowledgeable people (myself excluded) that are regulars on this site and forum so I was thinking that a Pubs Galore team should apply to be contestants on Eggheads. You may laugh, but it’s a popular programme and the producers are always looking for people with interesting links so it would be a gimme to get on the show. I’m also sure that someone on here must know Chris!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Lateral thinking and a good idea. I did briefly wonder about the show's audience demographic, in relation to PG's, but national tv would be a big hit either way.

Now, if you can also get a line in a rival show that goes out at 18:00... d'oh!

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Lateral thinking and a good idea. I did briefly wonder about the show's audience demographic, in relation to PG's, but national tv would be a big hit either way.

Now, if you can also get a line in a rival show that goes out at 18:00... d'oh!
    Now there's a thought. I wonder if Groening would consider inserting a table in Moe's with some of us complaining about the Duff ("can't be doing with this bottom-fermented Septic stuff"). If Tony Bliar can get on the show, why shouldn't we? Trouble is we wouldn't be able to review Moe's on this site as it doesn't have a UK postcode.

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Now there's a thought. I wonder if Groening would consider inserting a table in Moe's with some of us complaining about the Duff ("can't be doing with this bottom-fermented Septic stuff"). If Tony Bliar can get on the show, why shouldn't we? Trouble is we wouldn't be able to review Moe's on this site as it doesn't have a UK postcode.
    You may jest, but there is a blogger who has reviewed the bars in his computer games!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Thinking laterally again, as Moe's is technically in your living room, couldn't you use your postcode?

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    You may jest, but there is a blogger who has reviewed the bars in his computer games!
    Now here's a whole world of debate - does that mean that the postcode is that of the first reviewer, or do we have 100 Moe'ses? And what about those of us who travel a lot? Would I have to create a new Moe's for each hotel I use? In no time at all there'd be more of these than JDWs.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Trouble is we wouldn't be able to review Moe's on this site as it doesn't have a UK postcode.
    Thinking laterally again, as Moe's is technically in your living room, couldn't you use your postcode?
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I thought a thread of advertising ideas for PuG would be good as I've come up with a great one and thought I'd start off...
    Strongers, thank you so much for starting this thread.

I am having one of those weeks where I just hate the main PuG site, highlight so far being on Tuesday where a Lawyer kindly called me an 'absurd person', which is a little original, I think Chris from BITE is the only other person to have resorted to name calling so far. Got 2 feedbacks today that promise to escalate as well (although I shouldn't prejudge them).

So this is a timely reminder of why I love working on the site really.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    highlight so far being on Tuesday where a Lawyer kindly called me an 'absurd person', which is a little original, I think Chris from BITE is the only other person to have resorted to name calling so far
    What did you get called by Chris? I love gossip.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    What did you get called by Chris? I love gossip.
    I mis-remembered no name calling just lots of willy waving.

get a smiley to show willy-waving please!