Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Active members

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I still occasionally get PM's from random BITE users that have picked me out as a regular BITE contributor (even though I no longer am) and think I have some kind of magic wand to resolve their BITE Admin issues! If their profiles look OK and I think they will be of benifit to PG, I just tell them to give up and point them our way.
    Just had another disgruntled active BITE reviewer http://www.beerintheevening.com/user...me=nickthefish wondering what I was up to these days. Have steered him in the approriate direction. Will have to start claiming commission!

I've PM'd Blackthorn over on BITE to let him know we're here. His reviews are of a very high standard and it'd be great if he decided to switch/ride both horses.

Conrad, if Blackthorn wants to contribute over here, can the mass migrate tool be used for his reviews? "Having to start all over again" was one of the concerns he voiced to me.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Conrad, if Blackthorn wants to contribute over here, can the mass migrate tool be used for his reviews? "Having to start all over again" was one of the concerns he voiced to me.
    Yep we can sort that.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Yep we can sort that.
    good man!

I'll stay on me own

Hi guys,

Thank-you for suggesting this site Quinno, and for your kind words on my reviews!

I think I'll continue to ride both horses for the time being - this site seems to be lacking reviews compared to BITE, but hopefully it will grow in time.

How do I use this 'ere mass migrate tool then?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    Hi guys,

Thank-you for suggesting this site Quinno, and for your kind words on my reviews!

I think I'll continue to ride both horses for the time being - this site seems to be lacking reviews compared to BITE, but hopefully it will grow in time.

Cheers.
    Welcome to PuG!

I hope you will enjoy here!

Hoppy
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    Hi guys,

Cheers.
    Hi Blackthorn,

Glad to have you, in case Quinno hasn't mentioned myself and Dave M are the admins of this and the main site so if you have any problems, queries or suggestions just let us know.

I will PM you after this about the migrate tool. The other thing you may be interested in is the fact that we only show your name against the reviews, there is some discussion of it here where we explain why and point out where you can set up your name.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Hi welcome Blackthorn

I and several others used too post regular reviews on the other site but I stop using it about six months ago see this example below http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...ts.shtml/4320/ of why I thought it was just a waste of time even trying too report it any longer as nothing is done as you can see this goes back weeks but not intervention by admin yet on this example and theres 100s like it.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Alesonly View Post
    Hi welcome Blackthorn

I and several others used too post regular reviews on the other site but I stop using it about six months ago see this example below http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...ts.shtml/4320/ of why I thought it was just a waste of time even trying too report it any longer as nothing is done as you can see this goes back weeks but not intervention by admin yet on this example and theres 100s like it.
    Yeah, I had noticed that one as well and reported it a few weeks ago, but as you say, obviously nothing has been done.

I think the main reason I started using BITE was just because it was always at the top of the Google list whenever you searched for a pub. Hopefully we can get similar results with this website, and then this will be come the pub review website of choice.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Just been reading that pub's reviews - no that is not the right word. It certainly reminded me why I came off BITE.

Cannot understand why it has not been removed. Cask and Kitchen was removed for a lot less than this, and that is one pub I went to as a result of reading BITE, and I found that to be a decent real ale pub. Wouldn't dream of going to this one.