Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Self Promotion - Success

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/21616/

One landord and two happy punters.....hmm
    2 of those look like the same person on a quick detailed analysis, we could probably work it all with a bit of effort to try and see if the third was as well. From the information we have it is probably the family who own the pub going through their members.

It is a bit blatant so I think let it ride for now, I am always worried that if we clamp down on those they may start to try (and even worse succeed) to outwit us.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/21616/

One landord and two happy punters.....hmm
    I suppose every pub must have a couple. Nice to see the landlady a) declaring herself as such and b) posting some photos.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Then again there are alot of people who are easily pleased. Never rated anywhere ,be it a pub or otherwise, 10 in my life. May be it is a reflection onthe sort of places I visit ?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    Then again there are alot of people who are easily pleased. Never rated anywhere ,be it a pub or otherwise, 10 in my life. May be it is a reflection onthe sort of places I visit ?
    And easily displeased

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/16336/

Two tens and a one. All what somewhere else we might have called Steak House In The Evening reviews. The slagging off ones always seem to appear on a Monday after the author and her (it's usually her) in-laws have had a bad time with their Brake Bros Sunday lunch.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

And easily displeased

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/16336/

Two tens and a one. All what somewhere else we might have called Steak House In The Evening reviews. The slagging off ones always seem to appear on a Monday after the author and her (it's usually her) in-laws have had a bad time with their Brake Bros Sunday lunch.
    No idea which review is correct, all are one time posters. For me I would go with last [bad] review, pub may have changed hands for instance

Not sure what a Brake Bros Sunday lunch is, but if someone, male or female, has a bad experience then surely it is their right to say so in no uncertain terms, and up to "Brake Bros Sunday lunch" or similar to use the comment as an opportunity to improve and gain more satisfied customers

I think many UK businesses see complaints as just whinging instead of a customer based quality control pointing out problems that should be rectified

"Such a shame as it used to be lovely" but I couldn't be arsed to tell anyone about it then.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    "Such a shame as it used to be lovely" but I couldn't be arsed to tell anyone about it then.
    so true!

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

I also quite like the initial review where the ever so satisfied one time visitor just happens to know the pub phone number off the top of his head.

Well, this would have been a success if they hadn't overdone it just a tiny bit. The bit from landlady Ms Fay is quite interesting but the one hit wonders just make me reach for the sick bag, are they staff or friends of the landlady? Helen Cooper was obviously a bit late in the rush getting to the PC. I was especially amused by the "real cream of Liverpool" comment, in a city with such delights as the Philly, the Belvedere, Fly in the Loaf, Rigbys, Ship and Mitre etc etc etc etc; well let's just say someone should get out more. I'm standing by my review which I hope conveys the ordinariness of this pub.

[QUOTE=oldboots;I'm standing by my review which I hope conveys the ordinariness of this pub.[/QUOTE]
    Eugh, thanks for the heads up,ob. Not that I ever get even close to L'pool, but these things are always nice to know..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........