Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
I don't normally participate in this thread but this one caught my eye. The effusive Mr Hudson has already scored it as 10 and seems to have undying faith in Punch Taverns.
Hold on a minute, aren't they trying to flog off their entire estate to the appalling Heineken UK and do a runner with the money? Never mind, John Smith's Smooth Crap is manufactured at one of their chemical plants so he can continue to flog it to anyone who comes in to watch one of the TV screens.
Not sure you're on the right thread, Aqualung my friend. This looks like it belongs in the FAIL version. I love this: "Everybody will be getting together to connect with all nationalities of the world." He's applying for a lease from Punch Taverns, and the objective is to replace the United Nations?

"Focusing on the future of 2018 will be fast approaching and this is the pubs busiest trade year because of the world cup. This is the time to connect with the locals and families to show them the excellent service with professional standards we can offer." The World Cup in Russia will "make a great profitable business to save a great part of history of the heart of Paddington in London." So all that bribery and corruption within FIFA will have been worthwhile after all. With grateful thanks to Punch Taverns and good old "Mr Hudson".