Ads not shown when logged in
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Self Promotion - Success

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    I disagree, politely of course, if I order jacket spud I expect jacket spud, not chips, or as OP stated, give me the option & explain you do not have my choice from your menu, not just give any old thing you fancy, why not steak & kidney pudding with mash & cabbage despite me ordering fish & chips?

I like jacket spud, chips, mash, boiled, hash browns, crisps etc, but, to reiterate, if I order jacket spud I expect jacket spud

How about ordering a pint of bitter & getting lager instead, and your fish & chips arrived with a baked spud? Without any explanation? Same principal surely, as I believe some people like lager, and some prefer baked spuds
    All fair points, and I'm pretty sure I would think the same - your point about getting lager instead of beer is a good one. Rather than slating the OP, though, I was more reflecting that the landlord handled his reply well, sort of agreeing with your idea of putting it on the "Success" thread.

Murrayfield Sports Bar

There's no confusion here as to whether the reviewer has a connection with the pub.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubreviews/32515/ Landlord seems to have had his mates round after G Austin poor review

probably want to drop this one into the "Self Promotion - Success" thread. Surprisingly the last post was in October last year, is that right?????????

Well done OB ,I'll find my way around all the old threads one day. The Royal Sovereign
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 03-08-2012 at 09:17.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Bridge Inn

That's the way to do it.

I hope it's not a (Mr) Punch pub.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

The Black Tap

Another good one (eventually). No mistaking who's writing it.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Old Boots gets a slap on the wrist from the pub team at the Crown Inn in Worcester.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Old Boots gets a slap on the wrist from the pub team at the Crown Inn in Worcester.
    I saw this and wondered why any Free House would voluntarily stock just Greene King beers and even worse those dull ones with a sporting theme,. Surely they are not that cheap?

I'm glad Ms Bennett made this statement
    It offers a full compliment of all sports including, Rugby, Football, and Cricket.
    as it means I can add it to my AVOID list.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post

I'm glad Ms Bennett made this statement as it means I can add it to my AVOID list.
    Oh dear what a fuss, it is of course on my avoid list, not the worst pub in St Johns but still not my cup of tea, in fact a cup of tea would be better than most Westgate brewery tripe. It was a Punch pub last time it shut and doesn't appear on GK's website as a tied house but as Aqualung says why stock those beers if you had any choice? Apparently Back of the Net and Doosra are sold elsewhere, the other is probably a rebadged GK job as it's not listed anywhere.

I don't normally participate in this thread but this one caught my eye. The effusive Mr Hudson has already scored it as 10 and seems to have undying faith in Punch Taverns.
    Hold on a minute, aren't they trying to flog off their entire estate to the appalling Heineken UK and do a runner with the money? Never mind, John Smith's Smooth Crap is manufactured at one of their chemical plants so he can continue to flog it to anyone who comes in to watch one of the TV screens.