Ads not shown when logged in
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Self Promotion - Success

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    That's the sort of intelligent comment a new landlord should leave - I will deinitely pop back in next year when I have my annual Derbyshire holiday!
    Yes - in Dronfield!

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    No, and it is supposed to be anonymous, although as is apparent all to often it is obvious.

It is not intended to be inflammatory, although it does seem to be going a bit awry. If anyone has any thoughts on it feel free to kick off a new thread in technical.

Ive just started reading this thread and yet again i dont know what everybody is talking about,i have put lots of pictures and reviews on Pubs Galore but still dont understand what all of this is about.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

This thread is going all over the place, from here on I am planning to moderate it, this thread should be used for where publicans have given themselves sensible reviews.

The thread Oh dear, self promotion FAIL should be used to put in reviews from publicans that are laughably bad/unsubtle.

And the thread Review???? (or a similar new thread in That Doesn't Go There!) should be used to report reviews we should get rid of.

As to the bit you quote, when you are logged in. If you look at someone else's review you will see the question 'Is this review helpful?' with yes/no buttons underneath the review. If someone has voted it will say x of y people found this review helpful. Sadly though this is just abused currently on the site and it is in my plans to get rid of it as part of a series of changes that hopefully will improve the personalisation of the site.

And if that makes it clearer then I am not spouting as much rubbish as I thought

Having visited the Swan at Marbury several years ago whilst on a narrowboat, I have to say that it doesn't sound to have changed at all since.

A sensible self promotion telling you what they do as well.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/64994/
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Not quite in spirit of self promotion, but at least a landlord admitting they got it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Not quite in spirit of self promotion, but at least a landlord admitting they got it wrong
    The OP (a single poster, note) needs to get out more if she thinks that the getting the wrong type of potato is a good reason for slating a pub to that extent. Well done Landlord for a curteous rebuttal and (in my opinion wholly unnecessary) apology - it has had the opposite effect to that the OP intended. Since the pub has received no other negative reviews, it almost makes me want to visit as I like chips.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    The OP (a single poster, note) needs to get out more if she thinks that the getting the wrong type of potato is a good reason for slating a pub to that extent. Well done Landlord for a curteous rebuttal and (in my opinion wholly unnecessary) apology - it has had the opposite effect to that the OP intended. Since the pub has received no other negative reviews, it almost makes me want to visit as I like chips.
    I disagree, politely of course, if I order jacket spud I expect jacket spud, not chips, or as OP stated, give me the option & explain you do not have my choice from your menu, not just give any old thing you fancy, why not steak & kidney pudding with mash & cabbage despite me ordering fish & chips?

I like jacket spud, chips, mash, boiled, hash browns, crisps etc, but, to reiterate, if I order jacket spud I expect jacket spud

How about ordering a pint of bitter & getting lager instead, and your fish & chips arrived with a baked spud? Without any explanation? Same principle surely, as I believe some people like lager, and some prefer baked spuds
    Last edited by Farway; 16-08-2011 at 15:48. Reason: spelling error

The barmaid messed up due to some miscommunication and should have asked whether a replacement for the jacket was wanted or a reduction in price or maybe a different meal. I know that I wouldn't have minded getting chips with free onion rings thrown in for good measure. To give the pub a rating of 1 is harsh to say the least... I usually reserve that score for threatening hell holes with bad beer and excrement covered toilets!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    To give the pub a rating of 1 is harsh to say the least... I usually reserve that score for threatening hell holes with bad beer and excrement covered toilets!
    You still gave Hobgoblin (Devonshire Arms) a 4 though

EDIT - you did at least get a decent pint of Wifebeater