Ads not shown when logged in
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Self Promotion - Success

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post

Other than that ETA is probably right, this is the sort of thing better done through the forum, but I have no issue with it being done on the review page if it is polite and has no email details left.
    Hi Conrad, just did a Contact Us but this may be quicker, the lady has left her e-mail address on the forums, in the Requests section

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I have just replied to your contact.

Anything we do to usernames runs the risk of locking the user out of the forum if it is not lead by them.

It is not a vulnerability to us having emails published on the forum, I wouldn't advise anyone to ever publish their email though as it opens you up to phishing and spam.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Another less than useful one.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/20150/

Genuine question, how do you do that link thing where you post eg "this" and it goes blue to indicate the link you intend. I really do not know how to?

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    Genuine question, how do you do that link thing where you post eg "this" and it goes blue to indicate the link you intend. I really do not know how to?
    When it turns blue just type in what you want to appear and this will be shown instead of the web address
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

• type what you want to say,
    • highlight the word(s) you want to be the link,
    • either go to the webpage you want to link to and copy the address or have the address handily written down
    • go back to your unfinished post and click on the globe with the handcuffs or "sunglasses" icon (hovering over it will say "insert link")
    • this brings up a dialogue box with "HTTP://" highlighted - either paste in here the link address you copied earlier or type it in (copy and paste is hopefully fool proof)
    • click OK and the screen should return to your incomplete post with something like URL="http://www......] your words here /URL] round the word(s) you highlighted at the start.
    • finish your missive and submit
    • er......that's it.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Removed that one.

oldboots has provided an excellent explanation of the linking, really just relies on being used to copy and pasting and knowing some of the buttons.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Ok thanks for the tips, I'll have a practice.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Thanks for the "link" info, I often wondered how as well. Now I need to try it out sometime

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    • type what you want to say,
    • highlight the word(s) you want to be the link,
    • either go to the webpage you want to link to and copy the address or have the address handily written down
    • go back to your unfinished post and click on the globe with the handcuffs or "sunglasses" icon (hovering over it will say "insert link")
    • this brings up a dialogue box with "HTTP://" highlighted - either paste in here the link address you copied earlier or type it in (copy and paste is hopefully fool proof)
    • click OK and the screen should return to your incomplete post with something like URL="http://www......] your words here /URL] round the word(s) you highlighted at the start.
    • finish your missive and submit
    • er......that's it.

I dont know how to put a picture on the forum and when i reply with a quote mine does'nt go blue and looks like i have written all of the dialoge.
    I have read Old Boots explanation of how to do all of this and to be honest it is as clear as mud to me i would like to beable to do more on the forum but i am limited in what i can do. Alan.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I shouldn't worry too much, the forum isn't that simple to use, and if you think about how much more you are doing now than when you joined, it just all takes time to learn.

When you do a post, there is a row of buttons above where you type, all these buttons do various things to your post.
    To add a picture

• using your mouse set the flashing cursor to where you want the picture to be
    • from the row of buttons choose the one that looks like a picture frame, it is between the world with a sideways eight (or envelope if you are using the advanced editor) and the video frames
    • from the frame that pops up choose either from your computer or the web
    • if it is from your computer click on "select files", then "upload files" once you have selected, this should make the picture appear in the post.

To add a link

• using your mouse highlight the text you want to link so that it looks light on a dark background
    • click on the world with a sideways eight (which I think is a couple of chain links <groan>)
    • as described by ob, paste or type the link you want into the box that opens.

Don't worry if this doesn't make sense though, you are getting your point across which is the key thing, and I am sure that one day it will just click