Ads not shown when logged in
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pubs Galore Autumn 2022 Midlands Pub Crawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Myself & Tammy should be there, though having failed to make the previous two not quite believing it until I make it.

I've made a version of the crawl that I think I might aim to follow (although always end up changing plans throughout the day)
    https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pub-cra...7-ba7a113ad74c

From that page it should be possible for everyone to create a clone of the crawl and make your own version. When you get to an edit page you can drag the pubs on the right hand side of the screen up or down to alter the order of the crawl. To drag them grab onto the three horizontal lines in each pub box.

It is nowhere near as sophisticated as I'd like but I keep promising this sort of feature and never manage to produce it, so focussed on getting bare minimum done. Hope you can get it to work!
    Excellent Dave , cheers.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Myself & Tammy should be there, though having failed to make the previous two not quite believing it until I make it.

I've made a version of the crawl that I think I might aim to follow (although always end up changing plans throughout the day)
    https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pub-cra...7-ba7a113ad74c

From that page it should be possible for everyone to create a clone of the crawl and make your own version. When you get to an edit page you can drag the pubs on the right hand side of the screen up or down to alter the order of the crawl. To drag them grab onto the three horizontal lines in each pub box.

It is nowhere near as sophisticated as I'd like but I keep promising this sort of feature and never manage to produce it, so focussed on getting bare minimum done. Hope you can get it to work!
    That's a very clever tool,works well .
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Love it!

As those pub crawl pages don't work very well on mobile I've created another page.

So if you go to https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pub-crawl-planner/ it should give you either my version of the crawl or if you are logged in and have cloned it then it should show your version.

If you then go into the browser options and select 'Install App' it will put a shortcut on your phone that will launch the map in full screen.

As those pub crawl pages don't work very well on mobile I've created another page.

So if you go to https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pub-crawl-planner/ it should give you either my version of the crawl or if you are logged in and have cloned it then it should show your version.

If you then go into the browser options and select 'Install App' it will put a shortcut on your phone that will launch the map in full screen.
    Great work!

PS - For Camra members who also view or participate on its Discourse discussion forum, there is currently a discussion about a proper pub crawl planning tool - if only they knew where to look...

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Great work!

PS - For Camra members who also view or participate on its Discourse discussion forum, there is currently a discussion about a proper pub crawl planning tool - if only they knew where to look...
    There is a lot to do to make it really useful still.

I've now put in the ability to add or remove pubs for those that would like to further customise their versions. The crawl editing page has a button to take you to the add/remove pubs page.

This Space For Hire

Friday weather:

Cloudy
    15 C (feels like 13 C)
    10% chance of rain

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Friday weather:

Cloudy
    15 C (feels like 13 C)
    10% chance of rain
    I'm from the South, how am I going to cope.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I'm from the South, how am I going to cope.
    It's about the same as today, but with less rain. Actually, it seems warmer in Basingstoke so you may indeed be in for a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    It's about the same as today, but with less rain. Actually, it seems warmer in Basingstoke so you may indeed be in for a shock.
    I'd rather freeze than suffer Basingstoke.
    -W.C.Fields