Ads not shown when logged in
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pubs Galore Autumn 2022 Midlands Pub Crawl.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Btw, no bell ringing or elbow tugging Will? When the hell did these occasions start descending into chaotic free-for-alls..??
    Thanks for the map, Jim. I think I read in the small print that the total distance is 8.2 miles for all 16 venues, which is why I think my pdf will be useful for helping people to decide which of those they are going for.

And as for chaotic free-for-alls, I think there was a vote on one of the crawls - maybe you missed it? - and the majority were in favour of chaos. (A bit like the Conservative party, really.)
    Come On You Hatters!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Thought it worthwhile to have a roll call. It seems the following are turning up with apologies for errors ,I will keep this updated as new information arrives.Quinno sounds on the injured list,let us know if there is a quick recovery.

sheffield hatter
    Dave M
    Cider Drinker
    Tris39
    Pangolin
    trainman ?
    Moby Duck
    Big Steve
    rpadam
    Gann
    ROBCamra ?
    an ecumenical matter
    Tony
    Real Ale Ray
    Mrs Ale
    Peter (Bald Eagle)
    Kev (Clockwork Kev)
    Paul (Charisma Bypass)
    Diddler
    Thuck Phat
    Bucking Fastard with friends below,only Ian new to a PuG crawl
    Nige (2pm)
    Clive (1pm)
    Brian
    Steve (1.30pm)
    Ian (1pm)

With time on our hands ,after visiting the town centre pubs (after The Dog) we are going to attempt visits to the bar in The National Brewery Centre,Burton Town Brewery ,Tower Brewery Tap and Burton Bridge Inn before heading back to the station for the micropubs finish and the 19.41 to Derby.

See you all in The Roebuck at noon on the 14th.:
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 10-10-2022 at 16:51.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Thought it worthwhile to have a roll call. It seems the following are turning up with apologies for errors ,I will keep this updated as new information arrives.Quinno sounds on the injured list,let us know if there is a quick recovery.

sheffield hatter
    Tris39
    Pangolin
    trainman
    Moby Duck
    Big Steve
    rpadam
    Gann
    ROBCamra
    Nige (2PM)
    Brian
    Steve
    Ian

With time on our hands ,after visiting the town centre pubs (after The Dog) we are going to attempt visits to the bar in The National Brewery Centre,Burton Town Brewery ,Tower Brewery Tap and Burton Bridge Inn before heading back to the station for the micropubs finish and the 19.41 to Derby.

May not be able to make this now. but we'll see.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

sheffield hatter
    Tris39
    Pangolin
    trainman
    Moby Duck
    Big Steve
    rpadam
    Gann
    ROBCamra ?
    Nige (2PM)
    Brian
    Steve
    Ian

Tony and me. Thursday at Notts Beer Fest and stay in Burton that night to be good and fresh for the day.

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by an_ecumenical_matter View Post
    Tony and me. Thursday at Notts Beer Fest and stay in Burton that night to be good and fresh for the day.
    Jacinta here, OH NO!

Myself and RAR will be there...
    'I only drink on two occasions, when I'm thirsty and when I'm not'
    Brendan Behan

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    A jolly good effort, although I am a bit worried it is taking us all to the cemetary! Perhaps Dave could bring his tool into play instead (ooh err missus).
    And yet if I drag the placemarker down a bit it then lists correctly as Elms, but wouldn't find that by name.
    BF I'd like to be up for this but far from certain, just thought I'd look at mappage, anything to avoid looking for floor sanders...

sheffield hatter
    Tris39
    Pangolin
    trainman ?
    Moby Duck
    Big Steve
    rpadam
    Gann
    ROBCamra ?
    an ecumenical matter
    Tony
    Real Ale Ray
    Mrs Ale
    Nige (2PM)
    Brian
    Steve
    Ian

Hoping to make it.
    "Beer is food." Morse, Colin Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    That sounds serious. Hope you are getting some help and will make a full recovery before long.
    That's sounds nasty,hope you make a quick recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    Hope you feel better soon, and that you did your leg in during an amazing event rather than something mundane like putting on your socks. This is how I put my back out for 2 weeks earlier this year.
    Thanks all. It's been a bit gyppy for a while but only came on sometimes after a period of prolonged standing. However since I came back from Pembrokeshire it now also kicks in when I'm walking. Oddly, it generally fades quite quick after I've sat down but once on my hind legs again it reappears.

Seen a physio, got some exercises to do at home for three weeks - one week in and no discernable improvement (but I suppose we have the 'pain before gain' bit to work through first, right?). Told to avoid longer walking 10+ mins and stairs. Easier said than done when you walk to work and have 2x sets of stairs in the house!!

Even more annoying as I'm supposed to be going to Bath soon with a mate. Might suggest we get a taxi to the top of the hill and then mosey downwards with very regular stops...

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Thanks all. It's been a bit gyppy for a while but only came on sometimes after a period of prolonged standing.
    I've endless aches and pains and have found that the best analgesic/anti-inflammatory over the counter medicine is Ibuprofen, but get the cheap generic stuff rather than paying a fortune for the ones sold in shiny silver packets.

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

I have a few pals attending this year's Autumn crawl from Belper in Derbyshire. They are all very respectable and run RuRAD, Rural Real Ale Drinkers, if this is permissible - plus they are all fully vaccinated

Peter - Bald Eagle
    Kev - Clockwork Kev
    Paul - Charisma Bypass
    and one of their pal's named the Diddler

Hope this is ok,
    Cheers, Ray
    'I only drink on two occasions, when I'm thirsty and when I'm not'
    Brendan Behan