Ads not shown when logged in
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Your favourite......

A google search for 'pubs with bar billiards' took me to this page at the other place.......

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs.../Bar_billiards

Well the 3rd pub on the list (Ashburnham Arms in Greenwich) hasn't had a BB table for at least 3 years so the info is up to the site's usual standards.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Old Blue View Post
    Very pleased to join your site, and I’d be really grateful for any advice along the way, on any subject from reviewing technique, to where on earth you can still find a bar billiards table, to what I need to do to my profile to stop it advertising me as a ‘teetotaller’ (I fear Trading Standards might come down on me like a metric tonne of bricks)
    That changes as your post count goes up, you have already advanced to Spritzer Swallower

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Well the 3rd pub on the list (Ashburnham Arms in Greenwich) hasn't had a BB table for at least 3 years so the info is up to the site's usual standards.
    And exactly the same can be said of the 6th pub on the list - the Bedford Tavern, Croydon. Not sure if you can search the content of reviews on this site, but I would trust the information on here to be much more acurate.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

It was on a trip to Wye Valley Brewery where I watched a couple of lads playing the table there for a while I thought it looked an interesting game. My trouble is I would be playing on my own as pub games are not Ray's thing. Will have to stick money in a table sometime and shout up for a volunteer to play the game.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    And exactly the same can be said of the 6th pub on the list - the Bedford Tavern, Croydon. Not sure if you can search the content of reviews on this site, but I would trust the information on here to be much more acurate.
    You can't search the content. I did actually do an experiment and get that working once but decided that it would be a bit hard to demonstrate on the site (I felt it would be too confusing to add it to the common search at the top) and I didn't like the idea of an advanced search - the site is complicated enough already.

We can do it one day if it is desirable, but it wouldn't help with something like this, because not unlike the mentioned list it would move out of date when a review from years ago matches.