Ads not shown when logged in
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite......

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Ohhhhh... drank Banks Original for years and always thought it was bitter! My bad!

Anyway.. yeah The Black Eagle in Hockley is cracking pub. The Anchor in Digbeth is also superb. But greatest pub in Brum goes to The Wellington.. 15 or so real ale on pump! Always first choice whenever i go to Brum
    Never quite got on with the Wellington, so not left a report as yet. I have to re-do all of the Hockley and Digbeth for reports on PG, so looking forward to that - Black Eagle is class, but prefer the Swan to Anchor in Diggy, the Anchor seems to have gone down a bit recently
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Never quite got on with the Wellington, so not left a report as yet. I have to re-do all of the Hockley and Digbeth for reports on PG, so looking forward to that - Black Eagle is class, but prefer the Swan to Anchor in Diggy, the Anchor seems to have gone down a bit recently
    I thought Swan has closed for years.. last went was in 2001 with my late friend. I remember they had minton tiles on the front of bar.. similar to Black Eagle.

How come you never got on with Wellington?

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    How come you never got on with Wellington?
    I am miserable and dont like people - it gets too crowded, many beers seem flat, its expensive, and I hate seeing people get laptops out - its like a yuppie (80s, i know) real ale bar at times - other times its great

hence, cant make up mind!
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    I am miserable and dont like people - it gets too crowded, many beers seem flat, its expensive, and I hate seeing people get laptops out - its like a yuppie (80s, i know) real ale bar at times - other times its great

hence, cant make up mind!
    Just ignore the surroundings and let enjoy your beer. Simple eh? Oh yeah I quite liked their live-in cat.. sometimes sleeping on bar stool! Also Wellington is unique among Brum pubs as you CAN bring your own food, Chinese or Indian takeaway or fish chips etc..

will write comment after next visit, so it could go either way! i am sure you wont lose any sleep over it though
    MILD:

Welcome Soupdragon, he of the Clanger Nation. Seeing you are a midlander I dropped you a PM. Hope you got it as my connection keeps dropping off. Must see the doctor about that. Windows just told me I have an IP address error. Probably fascinating if I knew what it was.

Glass Half Empty

Post My Favourites

Hope it's not too late but here is my choice:

Mild- No idea, haven't tried enough to have an opinion
    Bitter- Tiger Bitter, can't remember who brews it, used to drink it whilst watching the Rugby
    Cider- Chucklehead Cider, usually get it at the Lambeth Country Show
    Lager - Only if someone else paid for it

Pub - Any in the countryside of Wiltshire, that will ban the Grim Reaper as he has a weapon

Crawl - Devizes probably, lots of pubs in the square and close to the brewery.

Thanks

Arthurish

It's never too late to discuss anything on this forum,

Tiger is brewed by Everards of Leicestershire (unless you mean the one from the far east )

Don't tell Soup Dragon about the MILD

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Arthurish View Post
    Hope it's not too late but here is my choice:
    Hi Arthurish,

Never too late to post, good to have you back as well, as someone who has been contributing to the forums for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    It's never too late to discuss anything on this forum,

Tiger is brewed by Everards of Leicestershire (unless you mean the one from the far east )

Don't tell Soup Dragon about the MILD
    Hi Arthurish - it's never too late to try MILD, never mind post on the forum! - Everards did do a MILD, as well - though it seems to have disappeared off their radar.

Chucklehead Cider is a great name, its usually the effect that cider has when i drink it - DaveMc loves it though, don't you Dave?
    MILD: