Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Davenports

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Default Davenports

Anyone have any idea where all the Davenports beer is coming from?

Wetherspoons in particular seem to have a lot of it about up and down country, and Davenports Fury at Minehead yesterday had a proper clip on it. I asked if they knew who had brewed it and they turned the clip round and showed me the plate which said Walsall. They had no other information than that.

I heard someone had bought Davenports recipes, but rumours around are saying Hydes brewing, but the beers have been seen using Marstons and Greene King casks.

Gill

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Anyone have any idea where all the Davenports beer is coming from?

Wetherspoons in particular seem to have a lot of it about up and down country, and Davenports Fury at Minehead yesterday had a proper clip on it. I asked if they knew who had brewed it and they turned the clip round and showed me the plate which said Walsall. They had no other information than that.

I heard someone had bought Davenports recipes, but rumours around are saying Hydes brewing, but the beers have been seen using Marstons and Greene King casks.

Gill
    I did hear a rumour that Refresh UK (owned by Marston's) had been asked to do some contract brewing of Davenports beer. So that may explain the Marston's angle, but I've no idea about the GK side.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

I know Highgate had a big store of their beers (inc Davenports). I went to the City Tavern in Brum yesterday and they were still pumping out the highgate/davenports
    MILD:

This Space For Hire

"Beer at home means Davenport's,
    that's the beer, lots of cheer.
    Brewed with finest hops and yeast,
    turns a party into a feast."

Anyone remember the rest without looking on Google? My granddad had Davenports for a while, after he got tired of homebrew I think. Pint bottles in wooden crates, you see neither nowadays let alone the beer. He kept going till turned 90 so it must have been OK. The way I remember the adverts they also did "finely matured Guinness in pints or halves." You don't get that now either.
    Last edited by NickDavies; 19-09-2010 at 19:28.