Ads not shown when logged in

View Poll Results: Which dates can you make the Winchester Crawl ?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Friday 10th June

5 38.46%
  • Friday 17th June

6 46.15%
  • Friday 24th June

4 30.77%
  • Friday 1st July

6 46.15%
  • Friday 8th July

7 53.85%
  • Friday 15th July

10 76.92%
  • Friday 22nd July

3 23.08%
  • Friday 29th July

9 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Date for Summer 2022 crawl in Winchester.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Didn't Pangolin take a group photo (obviously excluding him) just outside the cathedral's grounds after we left the Old Vine?
    Yes, I think that was about the nearest we got to a group photo. Here it is, and a couple of others!
    win 1.jpg
    win 2.jpg
    win 3.jpg
    win 4.jpg

A very nice day anyway. I look forward to the next one.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Great to see everybody on the crawl ,thanks for the photos ,and many thanks to Moby for taking on the task of constructing the route,with useful input from Quinno too.Sorry I missed the start,but I really enjoyed the pubs I did manage to visit.

Looking forward to the next one,which should be somewhere in the Midlands,and maybe we should consider Saturday as well as Friday dates.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Looking forward to the next one,which should be somewhere in the Midlands,and maybe we should consider Saturday as well as Friday dates.
    Yes, some of us still have to work and would prefer not to have to take a day off!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Yes, some of us still have to work and would prefer not to have to take a day off!
    When I *was* working I was happy to take a day off to do a crawl on a Friday because of the plus points of less busy pubs, and to some extent less busy trains, too. So many trains on Saturdays are crowded with people on shopping trips or stag/hen parties, that always seem to involve getting stuck into prosecco/lager at 10am. Then when you get to the destination town/city the pubs are busier on Saturday afternoon than they would have been on Friday. No thanks.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    When I *was* working I was happy to take a day off to do a crawl on a Friday because of the plus points of less busy pubs, and to some extent less busy trains, too. So many trains on Saturdays are crowded with people on shopping trips or stag/hen parties, that always seem to involve getting stuck into prosecco/lager at 10am. Then when you get to the destination town/city the pubs are busier on Saturday afternoon than they would have been on Friday. No thanks.
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Me too!
    There are pros & cons to the argument, Wills objections are all quite valid but not everyone is able or can afford to take a day off work, there is also the fact opening times seem to be becoming more restrictive on week days making pub crawl organisation a lot more difficult on a Friday than a Saturday, this was certainly a factor in Winchester and I'm sure thats not an exclusive case.. The time off is no longer an issue for me as I'm generally now working a four day week, but I have to say there's been a bit of an "I'm alright Jack" attitude in the past and although it does't so much affect me now it has done in the past.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Some very valid points have been made both in favour and against Saturdays.Maybe when we come to vote next on dates,we should list both Fridays and Saturdays and use the democratic process to choose the most favoured date for that particular crawl.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Some very valid points have been made both in favour and against Saturdays.Maybe when we come to vote next on dates,we should list both Fridays and Saturdays and use the democratic process to choose the most favoured date for that particular crawl.
    That is the fair way to do it, and has been done in the past, but given most participants on here are at a more leisurely stage of life I would expect little change in outcome.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

So many trains on Saturdays are crowded with people on shopping trips or stag/hen parties, that always seem to involve getting stuck into prosecco/lager at 10am.
    Fridays are no escape. On the way back at Woking the entire Class of '22 from Italia Conti got onto my carriage on a celebratory night out in London: Prosecco, nachos, sashes, party hats along with farting; it was like being in an episode of Fame (farting aside).

I find Saturdays in London are often less busy than Fridays. If I do the double going to the Old Fountain then the Wenlock, I'd be a fool to attempt a Friday but Saturdays are much more sedate.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    An impromptu attempt at the Hokey Cokey?