Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Manchester - so much to answer for!

  1. #1
    I Keep Mine Hidden Delboy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    1,222

    Default Manchester - so much to answer for!

    Hi all,
    I have managed to get a ticket for the "Citeh" game - last match of the season, they are like gold dust!.

    I am using the "Megabus" into Shudehill interchange. Gets in at 10. As my mates aren't arriving till 12 is there anywhere decent that is open early doors for me to tick off? Other than spoons obviously!!

    Also it has been a few years since I was in the third city so any other ones not to miss? Need to go in the Piccadilly Tap for a start!

    Cheers,

    Del.


    I am a salmon !!

  2. #2
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    2,154

    Default

    I was surprised that the Tap was open as I passed at 11:00 when I was up for the lpool game (dunno whether they do that if expecting early Sunday custom), as was the Brunswick (10am) which didn't have an inspired selection but was handy for an early meet. Can't think what else might be open 10-11.
    Just please don't have Villa turning in any sort of performance which might herald the end of the world if things are still potentially on-track in mickey-mouse-land... the nation will never hear the last of it, plucky little run-on-a-shoestring underdogs, my arse!

    ps. the transport to the stadium is ridiculous, lucky if you can get on a tram (seemingly reduced on match day!) and traffic can be chokka if taking a cab. We just walked it last time, last pre-match beer was at Cask
    Last edited by trainman; 07-05-2022 at 08:30.

  3. #3
    I Keep Mine Hidden Delboy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Cheers.
    You confused me with the Brunswick. Still down as the "B Lounge at Piccadilly" on here!
    Don't worry about our performance - I suspect it will all be over before then! Don't get me wrong I'm no lover of Liverpool but I'd rather see them win it than Oilchester City!
    Nothing to do with wanting Grealish to win nothing of course!!

    Is it about a half hour walk to the ground? It looks like slim pickings over that way, What's the chances of a beer in any around the Stadium??


    I am a salmon !!

  4. #4
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    2,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Cheers.
    You confused me with the Brunswick. Still down as the "B Lounge at Piccadilly" on here!
    Don't worry about our performance - I suspect it will all be over before then! Don't get me wrong I'm no lover of Liverpool but I'd rather see them win it than Oilchester City!
    Nothing to do with wanting Grealish to win nothing of course!!

    Is it about a half hour walk to the ground? It looks like slim pickings over that way, What's the chances of a beer in any around the Stadium??
    Yes, I wondered why I couldn't see Brunswick listed here, what a ridiculous name now!
    Yes, City needed large initial investment, as would any club aspiring to narrow the gap to the then top3, but are now well run and self-sustaining, don't believe the red click-bait media and their continuous attacks, and, btw, I didn't hear villa fans moaning about market inflation when you rinsed us for 100m for, the to-date, underperforming JG.

    Anyway, yes, 25mins walk but do your drinking in town - the area around the ground really is a desert, even 18 years on, you may get in the Townley without colours, don't even think about Mary Ds, but best would be to continue past the ground to the Grove, though it aint huge and you'd need to squeeze in.
    Last edited by trainman; 08-05-2022 at 07:37.

  5. #5
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    2,154

    Default

    This is the sort of route you may want think about, I'll probably be in some of these before the game, from Cask head for Ashton New Rd (for the ground) via zigzag to Carruthers St...
    These won't be rammed, if you want your own own fans' atmos, I guess they may stick to spoons, brunswick, Waldorf, dunno.

    https://classic-maps.openrouteservic...k1=en-US&k2=mi
    Last edited by trainman; 08-05-2022 at 07:38.

  6. #6
    Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Leicester Line
    Posts
    2,932

    Default

    After the Cask you could always have a pleasant stroll along the canal towpath to the Emptyhad
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

  7. #7
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    You confused me with the Brunswick. Still down as the "B Lounge at Piccadilly" on here!
    I've changed it to the more normal The Brunswick. I've also deleted the old website and Facebook links, and added the pub's new Facebook page.
    Come On You Hatters!

  8. #8
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    This is the sort of route you may want think about, I'll probably be in some of these before the game, from Cask head for Ashton New Rd (for the ground) via zigzag to Carruthers St...
    These won't be rammed, if you want your own own fans' atmos, I guess they may stick to spoons, brunswick, Waldorf, dunno.

    https://classic-maps.openrouteservic...k1=en-US&k2=mi
    Nice map, Jim! Could you do me one for the Rhinos vist to Salford next Sunday please?
    Come On You Hatters!

  9. #9
    I Keep Mine Hidden Delboy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Yes, City needed large initial investment, as would any club aspiring to narrow the gap to the then top3, but are now well run and self-sustaining, don't believe the red click-bait media and their continuous attacks, and, btw, I didn't hear villa fans moaning about market inflation when you rinsed us for 100m for, the to-date, underperforming JG.
    Much as I hated Jack leaving he is a quality player. That said you paid far too much for a player you didn't really need! Either just because you could or to prevent a rival buying him. Good business for us whatever the reason!!

    I don't really read the media but I did see that Pep has spent almost 1 billion since he took over with a net spend of almost 600 million!! Eye watering amounts without delivering the prize the owners want.


    I am a salmon !!

  10. #10
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    2,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Nice map, Jim! Could you do me one for the Rhinos vist to Salford next Sunday please?
    I don't think this app extends to bandit country...

Similar Threads

  1. Retired Martin - LANCASTER, SO MUCH TO ANSWER FOR
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-07-2021, 15:20
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2015, 18:09
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 11:12
  4. Oh Good Ale - So much to answer for
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 19:30
  5. Tandleman's Beer Blog - No Real Case to Answer
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2010, 13:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •