Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manchester - so much to answer for!

Default Manchester - so much to answer for!

Hi all,
    I have managed to get a ticket for the "Citeh" game - last match of the season, they are like gold dust!.

I am using the "Megabus" into Shudehill interchange. Gets in at 10. As my mates aren't arriving till 12 is there anywhere decent that is open early doors for me to tick off? Other than spoons obviously!!

Also it has been a few years since I was in the third city so any other ones not to miss? Need to go in the Piccadilly Tap for a start!

Cheers,

Del.

I am a salmon !!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

I was surprised that the Tap was open as I passed at 11:00 when I was up for the lpool game (dunno whether they do that if expecting early Sunday custom), as was the Brunswick (10am) which didn't have an inspired selection but was handy for an early meet. Can't think what else might be open 10-11.
    Just please don't have Villa turning in any sort of performance which might herald the end of the world if things are still potentially on-track in mickey-mouse-land... the nation will never hear the last of it, plucky little run-on-a-shoestring underdogs, my arse!

ps. the transport to the stadium is ridiculous, lucky if you can get on a tram (seemingly reduced on match day!) and traffic can be chokka if taking a cab. We just walked it last time, last pre-match beer was at Cask
    Last edited by trainman; 07-05-2022 at 09:30.

Cheers.
    You confused me with the Brunswick. Still down as the "B Lounge at Piccadilly" on here!
    Don't worry about our performance - I suspect it will all be over before then! Don't get me wrong I'm no lover of Liverpool but I'd rather see them win it than Oilchester City!
    Nothing to do with wanting Grealish to win nothing of course!!

Is it about a half hour walk to the ground? It looks like slim pickings over that way, What's the chances of a beer in any around the Stadium??

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Cheers.
    You confused me with the Brunswick. Still down as the "B Lounge at Piccadilly" on here!
    Don't worry about our performance - I suspect it will all be over before then! Don't get me wrong I'm no lover of Liverpool but I'd rather see them win it than Oilchester City!
    Nothing to do with wanting Grealish to win nothing of course!!

Is it about a half hour walk to the ground? It looks like slim pickings over that way, What's the chances of a beer in any around the Stadium??
    Yes, I wondered why I couldn't see Brunswick listed here, what a ridiculous name now!
    Yes, City needed large initial investment, as would any club aspiring to narrow the gap to the then top3, but are now well run and self-sustaining, don't believe the red click-bait media and their continuous attacks, and, btw, I didn't hear villa fans moaning about market inflation when you rinsed us for 100m for, the to-date, underperforming JG.

Anyway, yes, 25mins walk but do your drinking in town - the area around the ground really is a desert, even 18 years on, you may get in the Townley without colours, don't even think about Mary Ds, but best would be to continue past the ground to the Grove, though it aint huge and you'd need to squeeze in.
    Last edited by trainman; 08-05-2022 at 08:37.

This is the sort of route you may want think about, I'll probably be in some of these before the game, from Cask head for Ashton New Rd (for the ground) via zigzag to Carruthers St...
    These won't be rammed, if you want your own own fans' atmos, I guess they may stick to spoons, brunswick, Waldorf, dunno.

https://classic-maps.openrouteservic...k1=en-US&k2=mi
    Last edited by trainman; 08-05-2022 at 08:38.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

After the Cask you could always have a pleasant stroll along the canal towpath to the Emptyhad
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    I've changed it to the more normal The Brunswick. I've also deleted the old website and Facebook links, and added the pub's new Facebook page.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    This is the sort of route you may want think about, I'll probably be in some of these before the game, from Cask head for Ashton New Rd (for the ground) via zigzag to Carruthers St...
    These won't be rammed, if you want your own own fans' atmos, I guess they may stick to spoons, brunswick, Waldorf, dunno.

https://classic-maps.openrouteservic...k1=en-US&k2=mi
    Nice map, Jim! Could you do me one for the Rhinos vist to Salford next Sunday please?
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Yes, City needed large initial investment, as would any club aspiring to narrow the gap to the then top3, but are now well run and self-sustaining, don't believe the red click-bait media and their continuous attacks, and, btw, I didn't hear villa fans moaning about market inflation when you rinsed us for 100m for, the to-date, underperforming JG.
    Much as I hated Jack leaving he is a quality player. That said you paid far too much for a player you didn't really need! Either just because you could or to prevent a rival buying him. Good business for us whatever the reason!!

I don't really read the media but I did see that Pep has spent almost 1 billion since he took over with a net spend of almost 600 million!! Eye watering amounts without delivering the prize the owners want.

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Nice map, Jim! Could you do me one for the Rhinos vist to Salford next Sunday please?
    I don't think this app extends to bandit country...