Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: The Pig & Truffle, Lichfield

  1. #1
    Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    1,639

    Default The Pig & Truffle, Lichfield

    The Pig & Truffle
    Tamworth Street
    Lichfield
    WS13 6JP

    this is now called The Oak, chaps - its actually on the photo!

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,698

    Default

    Hi Historian

    We have corrected the name of The Oak. Bit remiss to miss that one, I would have tried to defend it by pointing out how many pictures we had posted on that day (19 pictures), not so many that we have an excuse, unlike today.

    Thanks for letting us know about that,

    Conrad

  3. #3
    Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galore Admin View Post
    Hi Historian

    We have corrected the name of The Oak. Bit remiss to miss that one, I would have tried to defend it by pointing out how many pictures we had posted on that day (19 pictures), not so many that we have an excuse, unlike today.

    Thanks for letting us know about that,

    Conrad

    You are going to love this, chaps - The Oak has reverted to the Pig & Truffle again
    MILD:

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,698

    Default

    Hi Soup Dragon,

    We have corrected the name of Pig & Truffle AGAIN .

    Thanks for keeping us up to date, clearly it is a full time job with these pubs.

    Conrad

  5. #5
    Official JDW Tester hopwas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galore Admin View Post
    Hi Soup Dragon,

    We have corrected the name of Pig & Truffle AGAIN .

    Thanks for keeping us up to date, clearly it is a full time job with these pubs.

    Conrad
    It was closed yesterday. I have no idea what going on. Maybe they have erratic opening hours.

  6. #6
    Former Pubs Galore Coder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Are we suggesting here that we need a new status for pubs?

    This pub has been reported as Schrodinger, the only way to find out if it is open is to visit it.

  7. #7
    Official JDW Tester hopwas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Are we suggesting here that we need a new status for pubs?

    This pub has been reported as Schrodinger, the only way to find out if it is open is to visit it.
    Sorry for me being thick but what does it mean?

  8. #8
    Former Pubs Galore Coder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    5,931

    Question

    Don't worry, it was a joke about Schrodinger's cat much beloved and tortured by physicists and Star Trek writers.

    It is a thought experiment to do with uncertainty, where you end up with a cat being sumultaneously alive and dead, but at the moment you check to see what state it is in - it becomes either alive or dead. And if that sounds like a load of rubbish to you, I can indeed confirm that you are alive.

    Best to ignore me, I am rebelling because people keep on mentioning Cricket on the forum, the only known thing more boring than quantum physics.

  9. #9
    Official JDW Tester hopwas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Don't worry, it was a joke about Schrodinger's cat much beloved and tortured by physicists and Star Trek writers.

    It is a thought experiment to do with uncertainty, where you end up with a cat being sumultaneously alive and dead, but at the moment you check to see what state it is in - it becomes either alive or dead. And if that sounds like a load of rubbish to you, I can indeed confirm that you are alive.

    Best to ignore me, I am rebelling because people keep on mentioning Cricket on the forum, the only known thing more boring than quantum physics.
    Ah I got you! I know what do you mean now

    Sorry Conrad but Iam massive cricket lover so tough!

  10. #10
    Former Pubs Galore Coder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    5,931

    Wink

    I have always felt that cricket was boring, the only redeeming thing I can say about it is that it is a good excuse to enjoy a beer.

    The funny bit is I keep on getting projects to do with cricket, I am currently sat here writing an application the calculates cricket scorecards, and gaining an even greater hatred for the rules of the antic (I refuse to call glorified sunbathing a sport).

Similar Threads

  1. Three Tuns Inn, Lichfield, Indian restaurant
    By Soup Dragon in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-08-2009, 12:30
  2. Carpenters Arms, Lichfield, demolished
    By Soup Dragon in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-08-2009, 12:26
  3. Lichfield Pubs
    By hopwas in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-09-2007, 16:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •