Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TVs (that's televisions) in pubs

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Aaawww. I used to love watching the littlest Hobo. "I travel around from town to lonely town" etc. Yes. Good one.

Me...The Last of the Summer Wine
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

I watched Time Team being filmed a few years ago , strangley for me it was in a pub , The Kynersley Arms in Leighton now sadly closed .

Most of us would do a good job in the Grumpy Old Men/Woman

Millay - Around the World in Eighty Days (with southern rails cheap ticket offers)

Soupy - The History Man
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post

Soupy - The History Man
    God, that was filth - never watched it
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    God, that was filth - never watched it
    It was ? How come I missed it ? Damn. I dont suppose you can down load it anywhere now.

At the moment I have a program on BBC2, "E Numbers : An Edible Adventure ". The bloke has had Liposuction, the produce of which and his vomit has naturaly occuring E numbers. With them he baked a cake. Sometimes you can have too much information.....CHuuuuunDAaaaagggghhhh.
    Last edited by arwkrite; 09-09-2010 at 00:19.

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    It was ? How come I missed it ? Damn. I dont suppose you can down load it anywhere now.

At the moment I have a program on BBC2, "E Numbers : An Edible Adventure ". The bloke has had Liposuction, the produce of which and his vomit has naturaly occuring E numbers. With them he baked a cake. Sometimes you can have too much information.....CHuuuuunDAaaaagggghhhh.
    I watched it last week when he enlightened the viewers to the fact that E120, which is a crimson food colouring found in icing etc is infact dried and crushed Cochineal which is an insect that likes infesting cacti. I made the concious decision never to watch this programme again.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

I agree Strongers. I will not be going back for a second dose. YuK !

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I watched it last week when he enlightened the viewers to the fact that E120, which is a crimson food colouring found in icing etc is infact dried and crushed Cochineal which is an insect that likes infesting cacti. I made the concious decision never to watch this programme again.
    I must be too old, my mum always told me cochineal was "spiders blood", which in a way it is, it added a bit of frisson to eating red coloured food

I'll hold my hand up.. I have started going to JDW less and less since Sky Sports News was taken off Freeview which was my main reason to stay in JDW on Saturday's when my team is not playing at home.

In fact I only went to JDW twice in last two weeks which was rather shock to me! Now I go to White Lion in Tamworth where they just installed spanking brand new HD Sky.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

I can sit and watch JDW customers more than the TV. Mind you ,they probably sit there staring back thinking exactly the same thing. But these days I rarely visit Hereford or Worcester and so do not get into a 'spoons. I am left with the choice of watching paint dry or the Daily Mail Cryptic Crossword.