Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A huge thank you to Kake

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Thumbs up A huge thank you to Kake

Those following closely will know about Kake on the forum and how we have worked to hopefully improve visibility of the Randomness Guide to London on PuG and reciprocally she has arranged links to our site alongside the existing links to BITE.

Anyway, Dave, and myself by proximity, were quite irritated by an article in CAMRA's beer magazine that mentioned BITE's site and gave publicity for their forums. It is irritating to us for the obvious churlish reasons, and also as they no longer have forums.

Anyway it was a pleasure to spot today that CAMRA have published a clarification for Beer magazine in their websites members area. In it Kake has set the record straight about the BITE forums and also said some very kind words about our site. It was really nice to be able to read that she made the effort, so thanks a lot.

I also want to say to ensure that we do not malign her neutrality - this was completely unprompted, which of course makes the gesture that much more generous.

I did spot that particular snippet in the CAMRA rag and it did get my back up a bit! Glad Kake has put them right. Well done K!

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Anyway it was a pleasure to spot today that CAMRA have published a clarification for Beer magazine in their websites members area. In it Kake has set the record straight about the BITE forums and also said some very kind words about our site. It was really nice to be able to read that she made the effort, so thanks a lot.
    I'm a CAMRA member and was quite curious to take a look. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it. Can anybody guide me to it?
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    I'm a CAMRA member and was quite curious to take a look. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it. Can anybody guide me to it?
    Page 10 of the Autumn 2010 edition of 'Beer' magazine.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Page 10 of the Autumn 2010 edition of 'Beer' magazine.
    I meant Kake's reply not the original article.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Great stuff - Shame I'm not a member!
    Last edited by Strongers; 01-09-2010 at 23:20.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    I meant Kake's reply not the original article.
    It's in the forums at

Home >> Forums >> CAMRA Publications >> What's Brewing & BEER Magazine

If you aren't signed up for the forums you will only see the Save Our Pubs section. Let me know if you can't find or access it and I'll PM it to you (to avoid copyright, etc difficulties)

Good reply from Kake. Is it just me or are the CAMRA forums really boring? (add yawning icon here)
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Good reply from Kake. Is it just me or are the CAMRA forums really boring? (add yawning icon here)
    Not if you're "Dickie" English otherwise incredibly so, only beaten in the boredom stakes by the Beerpages Forums zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

For anyone who is already a member of the CAMRA forums this is a direct link to the Corrections & Clarifications August 2010 thread.