Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wadworth Beers

Spritzer Swallower

Default Wadworth Beers

Hi Chaps
    New to the forum tonight so go easy with me.
    Being a Wiltshire lad my local Brewery is Wadworth & Co. Just wondered if any of you beer lovers had sampled any of their brews and what you thought of them?

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Yep, my local the Green Dragon at Lovedean, Hants has 6x always on, my drink of choice, seems popular as it sometimes runs out

It was installed by the one of the bar staff, she is Scottish but worked over Devizes way and grew to like the beer, so offered to pay for first barrel if it did not prove popular. She kept her money and proved her point to the manager

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Youngie View Post
    Hi Chaps
    New to the forum tonight so go easy with me.
    Being a Wiltshire lad my local Brewery is Wadworth & Co. Just wondered if any of you beer lovers had sampled any of their brews and what you thought of them?
    I have had 6X all over the place to be honest. It seems a straight-forward bitter to me - sort of the kind of one i will have after looking what else is on! Cant say i recall trying anything else they did until today - stopped in Ilminster opn the way back from Devon and tried Henry's IPA, which i thought was pretty decent - enough for me to want to have another 6X the next time i see it up in the Midlands.

I thought the Devon stuff was class - Otter, Butscombe, Branscombe, O'Hanlons, Palmers....but not so much the Exe Brewery (Exmoor Ale). Also get plenty of St Austell Tribute and Sharpe's Doombar down there. Top stuff. Sadly, you cant get up to the midlands for some MILD, so get yourself a few away-days down to Devon instead!

Smile Give me excess of 6X

Oh yes, I've been a big fan of the copper brew for many many years, and frankly I love it! Though sadly I don't see it much in South Wales. I even stayed in Devises once, just to see the brewery ( as it was a Sunday it was closed) and to sample the 6X, which I believe is delivered by drey locally.

Quote Originally Posted by nogoodboyo View Post
    Though sadly I don't see it much in South Wales. .
    I would be more than happy to stay in South Wales on the Brains MILD than travel for a 6X - each to their own i guess, Squire.

The Anchor in High Offley, Staffs have 6X as their only drink i think, been a year or so since i went. The serve it from a jug, and go the cellar to get it. People rave about how quaint it is, i just found it a bit grubby and the 6X about acceptable. The bogs were like Swansea City in 1920 (black and white decor, whats left of it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    stopped in Ilminster opn the way back from Devon and tried Henry's IPA, which i thought was pretty decent - enough for me to want to have another 6X the next time i see it up in the Midlands.
    I have to admit that I tend to avoid 6X when I see it, but I did try Henrys IPA a couple of months back and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I had just walked about 10 miles to get to the Crown though so anything may have tasted good at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    I have to admit that I tend to avoid 6X when I see it, but I did try Henrys IPA a couple of months back and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I had just walked about 10 miles to get to the Crown though so anything may have tasted good at that point.
    what, even lager?

a cider for Conrad of course!

Former Pubs Galore Coder

what, even lager?

a cider for Conrad of course!
    You really don't want the crown to have my custom do you

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I just want to see you walk 10 miles, Squire!

I'll pay for the pint for Dave, or bottle of Magners for you

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    The Crown is a reputable establishment! I very much doubt they'd let you in anyway!

I just want to see you walk 10 miles, Squire!

I'll pay for the pint for Dave, or bottle of Magners for you
    Magners?! Ok, neither of us drinks cider, but we certainly wouldn't go to a pub in Somerset and ask for an Irish cider!