Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worst Pub of the Year 2021

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    Do you all have really good memories? Or is there a way of pulling your reviews for the year and sorting by lowest score given?
    I click on "My Control Panel" on the front page and then click on "My contributions" which gives me a date ordered list.By hovering over the yellow star it shows your rating.

Useful for me as I review quickly after visiting and only consider new visits for the Worst Pub of the Year .However only useful if you have never made any contributions to this pub in the past,such as taking a photo or moving the map point long before visiting so it's not fool proof.Quinno is much more organised than me.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Just Missed the Round

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    I click on "My Control Panel" on the front page and then click on "My contributions" which gives me a date ordered list.By hovering over the yellow star it shows your rating.

Useful for me as I review quickly after visiting and only consider new visits for the Worst Pub of the Year .However only useful if you have never made any contributions to this pub in the past,such as taking a photo or moving the map point long before visiting so it's not fool proof.Quinno is much more organised than me.
    This seems like a reasonable enough method to jog the memory, I had forgotten that you can hover over the yellow star to see the rating.

So, down to business, I think I can conclude that No. 1 in Cleethorpes is probably my most disappointing visit. It's not a massively grim place but I expected better based on the research I had done beforehand. Of course, there could be other contenders where pubs had closed early rendering a visit impossible, but that's perhaps another matter.

This Space For Hire

Nice tip - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Wow! Does this mean you've barred yourself from all Greene King pubs across the whole country, Tris?
    Just this place, but I really don't like most GK pubs. Having visited most of central London's pubs for the first time this year, I think most GK outlets are now behind me.

This Space For Hire

I didn't review a pub on this site last year but I have about 25 to add so hopefully I can get to 1000 this year.i will nominate the a revisit .
    The Owl and Pussycat. Northfield.I have visited 3.times this year and each time there has only been a couple of customers.The barman thinks its acceptable to.look up from his phone and nod as a greeting .the last time I thought I would play him at his game and just nodded, pointed at a pump and said pint of please.He handed me a card reader then went back to his phone.As I sat drinking my mediocre beer and thinking why oh why did I buy a pint.Should you support local shit businesses.Noso I won't be back.rated 1

I click on "My Control Panel" on the front page and then click on "My contributions" which gives me a date ordered list.By hovering over the yellow star it shows your rating
    Well I'll be......... , never actually realised this before, nice one BF.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Well I'll be......... , never actually realised this before, nice one BF.
    And using this system The Worst pub of the year is clearly The Andwell Brewery Taproom , only visited in November and rated a 2 was so bad my memory had obviously blanked it out.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Only poor pub at present in my view is any pub where you feel like you shouldn't be in there without asking nicely that they can accommodate you as only popping in for a pint.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    And using this system The Worst pub of the year is clearly The Andwell Brewery Taproom , only visited in November and rated a 2 was so bad my memory had obviously blanked it out.
    "I was amazed to find no handpumps at the bar or any sign of cask at all, five or six keg beers from Andwells including their Sunny Republic craft range was available." WhatPub says four cask beers are available, but doesn't say anything about the method of dispense. Maybe something had changed between the Camra visit in April and yours later in the year.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Only poor pub at present in my view is any pub where you feel like you shouldn't be in there without asking nicely that they can accommodate you as only popping in for a pint.
    I've been in many pubs where I've only had a half, paid for it at the bar with my card, then sat down at a table and drank it at my leisure. I've never been made to feel unwelcome. If you've been made to feel that way in any pubs, maybe you should list them on this thread.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    "I was amazed to find no handpumps at the bar or any sign of cask at all, five or six keg beers from Andwells including their Sunny Republic craft range was available." WhatPub says four cask beers are available, but doesn't say anything about the method of dispense. Maybe something had changed between the Camra visit in April and yours later in the year.
    Maybe but it would still be rubbish with or without cask.
    -W.C.Fields