Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New pub visits 2022

Default New pub visits 2022

Almost time to start again !

Lets hope the coming year is easier for us to tick off those new pubs but I really don't know how it will play out.

I'm not really thinking of a target but I will aim for a conservative 104 ( 2 a week ). Should be a doddle if we don't lock down again!

I am a salmon !!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Likewise lets hope we've seen the back of lockdowns.

I'm gunning for 200 new pub visits in 2022,back to my usual average from 2014 to 2019.

PuG crawls help a lot,Preston and Winchester are virgin territory for me.I'm going up to Glasgow to catch up with an old drinking colleague and that's all new to me too.

Boating in the East of England with the aim of crossing The Wash (with a pilot) will also throw up unvisited territory,but random walks in London are more challenging if I want to get rewarded with decent cask ale.Maybe time to grow a beard and drink keg
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Hoping to kick off our new pubs in Exeter later this month. Have a couple of nights away booked for the beer festival, and it is virgin territory for pubs, so hoping for a good weekend.

Have Blackpool booked for Fleetwood fest but get round there too often for new pubs. Bit nervous about booking anything else away till we know what restrictions may be looming, but expect to manage some day trips out on the train if allowed.

Gill
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

I have raced ahead to an impressive 1 so far in 2022...

I had planned to go to Gainsborough to watch Matlock Town at Trinity, but the match was called off. A pity, because there were a couple of new pubs for me to do there. I couldn't summon up enough enthusiasm for the one hour train journey in the absence of football, so stuck on a big fat zero.

Hoping that Hallam FC's game at Hall Road Rangers in Hull is still on this Monday, as I have five or six ticks planned.
    Come On You Hatters!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Not quite the correct thread, but did I read recently that there was now a pub worth visiting in Telford... or did I dream that?
    Just wondering about a startpoint to get to Ironbridge and/or Bridgenorth..?
    Thanks guys

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Not quite the correct thread, but did I read recently that there was now a pub worth visiting in Telford... or did I dream that?
    Just wondering about a startpoint to get to Ironbridge and/or Bridgenorth..?
    Thanks guys
    Not heard of anything much in central Telford, although there are some in the old places subsumed by the Telford area. The no 8 bus runs from the bus station (near the Spoons) to Ironbridge and on to Bridgnorth, but is not hugely frequent. Telford Central railway station is about 15 mins walk or a local bus ride away.

If going direct to Bridgnorth, Wolverhampton is better.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Hoping to kick off our new pubs in Exeter later this month. Have a couple of nights away booked for the beer festival, and it is virgin territory for pubs, so hoping for a good weekend.

Have Blackpool booked for Fleetwood fest but get round there too often for new pubs. Bit nervous about booking anything else away till we know what restrictions may be looming, but expect to manage some day trips out on the train if allowed.

Gill
    There is a new brew pub in Exeter in the Turks Head.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I had planned to go to Gainsborough to watch Matlock Town at Trinity, but the match was called off. A pity, because there were a couple of new pubs for me to do there. I couldn't summon up enough enthusiasm for the one hour train journey in the absence of football, so stuck on a big fat zero.

Hoping that Hallam FC's game at Hall Road Rangers in Hull is still on this Monday, as I have five or six ticks planned.
    Managed to tick seven new pubs in Cottingham, Hull and Goole last Monday. A trip to London planned towards the end of January, plus trips to Featherstone and Bradford (for Leeds Rhinos pre-season games) and to Retford (another Hallam FC match) should get me a few more ticks. January last year was lockdown, of course, but January 2020 I got 40 new pubs ticked. Can't see me getting anywhere near, but will give it a go.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Finally got 2022 under way. I am not setting myself any specific targets this year but will again try and fit in visits to some of our under-reported areas, Covid permitting. The reduced train and bus services are a bit of hindrance at present but hopefully will gradually improve.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement