Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prestatyn/Rhyl

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Default Prestatyn/Rhyl

Not much info here (or there) on pubs in this locality and a distinct lack of visibility of mission pubs. Anyone aware of a nearby gem that may bring some sanity to such a trip?

Many years since I have been in that area and nothing particularly stands out from any previous visits although I do recall a half decent Sam Smiths pub in Connahs Quay (the Sir Gerwain and The Green Knight) which is on the way if you are coming from the Wirell.

I would have though Quinno would be the best bet but it's probably a bit out of his territory as well. You may have to put on your Dr Livingston boots and fill in a few gaps for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I would have though Quinno would be the best bet but it's probably a bit out of his territory as well. You may have to put on your Dr Livingston boots and fill in a few gaps for yourself.
    OMG, Rhyl. The armpit of Wales. The only time I went there was on an away trip with Aberystwyth Town. The pub we went into (the name has long since escaped me) had no female toilet. The kids at the ground spent most of the matching throwing debris at us whilst the stewards sat around and did nothing.

I don't like Rhyl.
    Last edited by Quinno; 31-08-2010 at 23:00.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Not much info here (or there) on pubs in this locality and a distinct lack of visibility of mission pubs. Anyone aware of a nearby gem that may bring some sanity to such a trip?
    Hello Trainman me and my wife stayed in Rhly for a week in 1985 we found 35 pubs there,we also went to Prestatyn hoping to have a days drinking there but only found 5 pubs and none of them anything special.
    Abergele is a decent small town with a couple of Lees houses there and about 5 other pubs.
    Conway is also a decent place for a drink we found 8 pubs here and enjoyed walking round the castle it also has good views.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

This is a decent gastro pub http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/61932/ its a GBG regular not to far from Rhyl , Twaites is the house beer with 5/6 guests , mostly local and the food is exellent
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Hello Trainman me and my wife stayed in Rhly for a week in 1985 we found 35 pubs there,we also went to Prestatyn hoping to have a days drinking there but only found 5 pubs and none of them anything special.
    Abergele is a decent small town with a couple of Lees houses there and about 5 other pubs.
    Conway is also a decent place for a drink we found 8 pubs here and enjoyed walking round the castle it also has good views.
    You must keep some incredible notes, when did you start keeping them?

I'll stay on me own

Hi Conrad i started writing the dates i visited pubs from May 1982.
    So this would include pub name which brewery ran the pub and the date visited also from 1986 i started to list if a pub was a real ale house or a keg pub.

On our Rhyl holiday we did 80 new pubs that we had'nt been in before and we always have a half of Usually bitter.
    Here is an example of the pubs i wrote down in Conway.

Conway 31 July 1985 wed night

The Erskine Ind Coope
    The Wheel House Free courage,john smiths
    Albion Vaults Ind Coope
    Old Mail Coach Ind Coope
    Y Gloch Las Ind Coope
    George and Dragon Bass
    Liverpool Arms Bass

I hope this as helped you understand the way i list pubs.

These pubs are numbers 2873 to 2880 in my pub book.

Bye Alan

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I would love it if one day PuG is good enough to be able to produce lists like that for members who record on the site.

Stunning stuff!

I'll stay on me own

Thank you for that reply, i will always try to help people out on this site but as you can see the information is usually as old as the date i did the pub.

I'll stay on me own

Hi again Conrad i hope you did'nt see my mistake but i forgot to list the 8th pub which was called Y Bont that would make the figures i listed correct.
    Alan.