Visit The Bring on the Beer site

In compiling this series I knew that there would be pubs that I wanted to highlight and share, but about which I couldn't write a full blog post.
This would be either because I'd only been to the location once; or that I didn't have much to report back other than it was somewhere I enjoyed frequenting and would recommend.
There's only so much fleshing out of an article you can do and there's only so much of the reader's intelligence you can insult.
So instead I'll use Day 20 to post some snappy quick highlights of places that I've been and enjoyed over the years but to whom I couldn't do full justice to by subjecting them to a wishy-washy overlong boring article.
Peadar Kearney's Pub, Dublin
Far enough away from the overpriced, overhyped hubbub of the Temple Bar but not so far away that you have to miss out on any of the action, Peadar Kearney's has everything you could possibly want from a genuine Irish bar in Dublin - off the scale Guinness, plus Smithwicks and Murphy's if you feel like mixing things up a bit. Had some fantastic craic with the locals here when over for an Ireland v Wales soccer match.
Duke of Wellington, Cardiff
On the opposite end of Caroline Street to the Cambrian Tap, this Brains pub (at time of writing) is a delight of mahogany, cubby holes and of course, exquisitely kept cask beer. Great food too - the burgers are superb.
LePub, Newport
Formerly on Caxton Place but now part of the grouping of bars and venues at the top of the High Street, LePub and LePublicSpace is a music venue, trendy hotspot, hip paradise and pub all in one. One highlight is that it's the only pub in Newport that I know of that regularly serves non-alcoholic lager on tap
The Orchard, Bristol
Down near the SS Great Britain lies a little, out of the way gem of a pub, especially if you love your cider. There are dozens on offer, as well as several cask ales and fresh pasties and rolls. No wonder it's a multiple-CAMRA award winner.
Pennycomequick, Falmouth
Formerly the Wodehouse Ams, this St Austell pub, named for the old name for the town in which it can be found, sits in the middle of Falmouth's Moor, so it's a short stumble from a bus or a taxi or a pizza. Or if you're adventurous you could always walk up Jacob's Ladder.
Poole Arms
No prizes for guessing where this one is; or for finding it. On Poole's pub-heavy quayside this beautiful building stands out for its ornate green tilework and heavy wooden door. Cask and seafood are the main attractions at the oldest pub in Poole - this is where I first fell in love with Ringwood Fortyniner way back in 2009.

More...