Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Is reviewing pubs a chore at times?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Well I can't blame him Nick - how negligent were you in failing to alert us to 'awesome' food, 'essential' ales and, most importantly... 'Strongbow!'?

Hehehe...
    Ah yes the Big Ben Burger, people travel miles for those. Probably the Brake Bros/3663 pre-cooked mechanically recovered meat ones with the painted on griddle stripes and enough added salt to mask the taste. 30 seconds at 1kw in the microwave and out on the plate. I'm surprised he didn't say "to die for" like they do on another pub review site. To die of, more likely.
    Last edited by NickDavies; 01-09-2010 at 10:15. Reason: typo

The Big Ben Burger has probably traveled far more miles than the customer. A piece in the paper mentioned Ginsters Pasties motored from Cornwall to Bristol ( central distribution point) and back again in the name of efficiency.
    Superlatives make me wary when reading reviews.The person using them perhaps believes the publicity handout from their management. Then again it could the usual way of speaking for corporate clowns who frequent the said pub. That would be enough to put me of going to the place. I am glad that we very rarely encounter that sort of person out in the sticks. But then we have our own version I suppose, speaking of which what happened to the Young Conservatives ? The scourge of upmarket hotels and countryside pubs in the 60s and 70s. Smart birds but would not give you the time of day unless you had Daddy's Jaguar in the car park. The blokes were snotty and spoiling for a fight with any young copper.But thats getting off the point

So is my deathly slow broadband this morning, I am in danger of falling to sleep between posts.
    Last edited by arwkrite; 01-09-2010 at 11:02.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Ok, only just catching up on all this, very amusing identikit reviews from Nick there. Fair play to the rebuttal though, at least they have left a review that diverges from Nick's. I hate people who just leave a slanging comment after someone else has reviewed.

Nick's was funnier though.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Ok, only just catching up on all this, very amusing identikit reviews from Nick there. Fair play to the rebuttal though, at least they have left a review that diverges from Nick's. I hate people who just leave a slanging comment after someone else has reviewed.

Nick's was funnier though.
    Care to post a link? I've just spent a fruitless five minutes trying to find what Nick said + reply was

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Care to post a link? I've just spent a fruitless five minutes trying to find what Nick said + reply was
    Nick wrote duplicate reviews for Gloucester and Stanhope, the Stanhope one has prompted a reply.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Nick wrote duplicate reviews for Gloucester and Stanhope, the Stanhope one has prompted a reply.
    Cheers Conrad

Can you successfully sneak the names of a different fruit into each of the 3 reviews?
    OK - I've just got round to doing a lengthy (and well overdue) review of the Tan Hill Tavern and sneaked 3 fruit into it.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/62929/

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    OK - I've just got round to doing a lengthy (and well overdue) review of the Tan Hill Tavern and sneaked 3 fruit into it.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/62929/
    A pub that is on my list of must visits - What's the vehicle used for in the pictures?
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    A pub that is on my list of must visits - What's the vehicle used for in the pictures?
    It's the Snow-Cat. It drives down into the village to pick up customers when the snow makes the roads impassable. There are some pictures of it in action on the pub's blog (you will need to scroll about half way down) http://www.tanhillinn.com/tracys-tan...in-britain/13/

Great stuff - you don't get pubs like this in the big smoke eh!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES