Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Liverpool street

Default Liverpool street

Managed to get a ticket for the Spurs away game in October (I think - fingers crossed)

I think we will be getting the overground from Liverpool Street to White Hart Lane station. The game is at 2 on a Sunday so time will be limited but I hope to be at Liverpool Street at about 11 giving me a couple of hours to kill.

Any suggestions ?

I am a salmon !!

The problem with the City of London at the moment is the footfall is still way down on pre pandemic levels and former solid reliable real ale pubs cannot be relied upon for ale availability at the moment, especially those run by pubco’s.
    I would be inclined to stick to the brewery owned pubs, namely Dirty Dicks (Youngs), The Astronomer ( Fullers ) and Williams Ale and Cider House ( GK but usually with guests). Of the others it’s always worth seeing what’s on in the Woodins Shades, which you can do through the windows, and then there is always the spoons in the station complex, The Hamilton Hall. This is actually a decent pub, but be warned all forms of human life ( and some I wasn’t convinced were human) can be found here, especially on a Sunday morning.
    Last edited by Gann; 11-09-2021 at 15:54.
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    The problem with the City of London at the moment is the footfall is still way down on pre pandemic levels and former solid reliable real ale pubs cannot be relied upon for ale availability at the moment, especially those run by pubco’s.
    I would be inclined to stick to the brewery owned pubs, namely Dirty Dicks (Youngs), The Astronomer ( Fullers ) and Williams Ale and Cider House ( GK but usually with guests). Of the others it’s always worth seeing what’s on in the Woodins Shades, which you can do through the windows, and then there is always the spoons in the station complex, The Hamilton Hall. This is actually a decent pub, but be warned all forms of human life ( and some I wasn’t convinced were human) can be found here, especially on a Sunday morning.
    I have experienced the flotsam and jetsam of society in Hamilton Hall on many occasions over the years changing tubes there but never really ventured out to the pubs nearby. I had looked at the Astronomer and Dirty Dicks. Williams was also on the radar. I'll have a look at Woodins.

I am a salmon !!

I think I have my short hit list near Liverpool Street. One more question for you cock-er-neys. Which exit from the station puts me out by Dirty Dicks?

I am a salmon !!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    I think I have my short hit list near Liverpool Street. One more question for you cock-er-neys. Which exit from the station puts me out by Dirty Dicks?
    With the overground platforms behind you ,go left for the Bishopsgate exit .Hamiltron Hall is up the escalator,Dirty Dicks over the road.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    With the overground platforms behind you ,go left for the Bishopsgate exit .Hamiltron Hall is up the escalator,Dirty Dicks over the road.
    Conversely if you are coming up from the tube lines turn right when emerging onto the concourse for the Bishopsgate exit.
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde