Ads not shown when logged in
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Liverpool street

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    I Keep Mine Hidden Delboy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    1,200

    Default Liverpool street

    Managed to get a ticket for the Spurs away game in October (I think - fingers crossed)

    I think we will be getting the overground from Liverpool Street to White Hart Lane station. The game is at 2 on a Sunday so time will be limited but I hope to be at Liverpool Street at about 11 giving me a couple of hours to kill.

    Any suggestions ?


    I am a salmon !!

  2. #2
    I'll stay on me own Gann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North London
    Posts
    521

    Default

    The problem with the City of London at the moment is the footfall is still way down on pre pandemic levels and former solid reliable real ale pubs cannot be relied upon for ale availability at the moment, especially those run by pubco’s.
    I would be inclined to stick to the brewery owned pubs, namely Dirty Dicks (Youngs), The Astronomer ( Fullers ) and Williams Ale and Cider House ( GK but usually with guests). Of the others it’s always worth seeing what’s on in the Woodins Shades, which you can do through the windows, and then there is always the spoons in the station complex, The Hamilton Hall. This is actually a decent pub, but be warned all forms of human life ( and some I wasn’t convinced were human) can be found here, especially on a Sunday morning.
    Last edited by Gann; 11-09-2021 at 15:54.
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

  3. #3
    I Keep Mine Hidden Delboy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    The problem with the City of London at the moment is the footfall is still way down on pre pandemic levels and former solid reliable real ale pubs cannot be relied upon for ale availability at the moment, especially those run by pubco’s.
    I would be inclined to stick to the brewery owned pubs, namely Dirty Dicks (Youngs), The Astronomer ( Fullers ) and Williams Ale and Cider House ( GK but usually with guests). Of the others it’s always worth seeing what’s on in the Woodins Shades, which you can do through the windows, and then there is always the spoons in the station complex, The Hamilton Hall. This is actually a decent pub, but be warned all forms of human life ( and some I wasn’t convinced were human) can be found here, especially on a Sunday morning.
    I have experienced the flotsam and jetsam of society in Hamilton Hall on many occasions over the years changing tubes there but never really ventured out to the pubs nearby. I had looked at the Astronomer and Dirty Dicks. Williams was also on the radar. I'll have a look at Woodins.


    I am a salmon !!

  4. #4
    I Keep Mine Hidden Delboy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    I think I have my short hit list near Liverpool Street. One more question for you cock-er-neys. Which exit from the station puts me out by Dirty Dicks?


    I am a salmon !!

  5. #5
    Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Oxford Canal
    Posts
    2,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    I think I have my short hit list near Liverpool Street. One more question for you cock-er-neys. Which exit from the station puts me out by Dirty Dicks?
    With the overground platforms behind you ,go left for the Bishopsgate exit .Hamiltron Hall is up the escalator,Dirty Dicks over the road.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

  6. #6
    I'll stay on me own Gann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North London
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    With the overground platforms behind you ,go left for the Bishopsgate exit .Hamiltron Hall is up the escalator,Dirty Dicks over the road.
    Conversely if you are coming up from the tube lines turn right when emerging onto the concourse for the Bishopsgate exit.
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Similar Threads

  1. Liverpool name changes
    By Wild Rover in forum Name changes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-02-2017, 14:12
  2. Liverpool name changes
    By Wild Rover in forum Name changes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-11-2015, 18:04
  3. Liverpool, around Lime Street
    By Millay in forum Recommend Me Do & Meet Ups
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 20:20
  4. Liverpool
    By Edmon in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 18:13
  5. Whitechapel, Liverpool Street
    By Manky Badger in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 18-02-2010, 14:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •