Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Real Ale Pubs app

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I assume it was something like that, but the fact that it happened more than 18 months into my contract with Tesco Mobile suggested to me that it was something more random. The bar has now vanished as mysteriously as it appeared, however. I'll try not to worry about the possibility that it is reapplied in future.
    All Tesco Mobile phones are supplied with Parental Controls switched on, so access to whatever they define as 18+ content is supposed to be barred until you supply proof of age (ie credit card). Perhaps an update had re-triggered it. If it should come back, easy enough to turn it off under 'Tariff' in 'My Account'.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    All Tesco Mobile phones are supplied with Parental Controls switched on, so access to whatever they define as 18+ content is supposed to be barred until you supply proof of age (ie credit card). Perhaps an update had re-triggered it. If it should come back, easy enough to turn it off under 'Tariff' in 'My Account'.
    "Update" - yes, that may well be what it is. But it seems to have reversed itself, and it wasn't like that when I first got it, so maybe it's a setting that was activated in error and they've corrected it. Anyway, I'm back to normal.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    prefer footpaths to roads, even if they are much longer and include infrequent pedestrian ferries!
    I've changed settings now to just demand the shortest route it can find, that does mean it will still suggest some very inappropriate footpaths but shouldn't increase the distance by 20%

Also set it to exclude ferries for now.

When I switched my contract within Virgin to go SIM-only I suddenly had problems with things like Untappd. Just had to go into my account and do a bit of fiddling to say I was over 18 (which they already knew, but I suppose they impose these things by default as a safeguard).

I suspect that it's far easier to access nasty grot on an age restricted set phone than fairly innocuous stuff like PuG and Untappd.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    I've changed settings now to just demand the shortest route it can find, that does mean it will still suggest some very inappropriate footpaths but shouldn't increase the distance by 20%

Also set it to exclude ferries for now.
    That's sorted it! Makes complete sense to all my locals, eliminating the nonsense and just including one dodgy footpath, which admittedly is by far the shortest route. Great job.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement