Ads not shown when logged in
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Where Has All The Ale Gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    I think it can certainly be a quality product, but one which can be ruined by poor handling, which quite common here.
    Agreed, that sums up the general London scene at present.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

What I have noticed recently here, is that given the only ales available in 'mainstream' pubs is Doom, Pride, GK or - if you're lucky - Landlord, is the quality. It's never been so good, which I suppose just goes to show what happens if you reduce choice and increase throughflow. If only the choice were worth choosing...

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Not convinced that cask beer is a quality product.Can be yes,but in general not in London as far as i can see.
    After a recent trip to Putney I can now see where you're coming from, John. Lovely pubs, but the cask ales were, if not a second thought, certainly not a priority. I mean, if you don't take the trouble to find out how to make sure they are in top condition, they're obviously not a priority, right? Beers going on before they were ready, beers having no life left in them, beers that were called Youngs Ordinary, sorry Original. (Apologies that I hadn't previously understood what a serious abomination this beer is nowadays.)

And then I arrived at the Bricklayers Arms, where the beer was singing.
    Come On You Hatters!